"Jennie's Pikachu"

JISOO's POV

"Yah- Ryujin, I told you already, I'm gonna be fine alone. You don't have to worry about me okay?"

"Jeez, seriously, I sometimes do wonder who's the Unnie between us." I whined chuckling as I pay for my books at the counter. I smiled at the Cashier lady the moment she hand me the books and my receipt and finally left.

"Well it's really questionable Unnie, considering your height." I heard Ryujin bantered from the other line, making me roll my eyes, visualizing the little turd's arrogant smirk.

"Yah, cut it Ryujin. Don't even start with my height." I replied threatening but my sister just laughed annoyingly. Stupid Idiot really loves to test my patience.

"But kidding aside Unnie, are you sure you'll be fine alone? This will be the first time that we'll be away from each other for days. I'm worried about you Unnie." Ryujin mumbled and her voice trailed off. This time she's no longer joking making me halt from walking towards the exit.

For years that I've known my sister, I know quite well whenever she's sad or anxious.

"Hey Ryu, cheer up now okay? There's always a first time for everything and I guess this one is it."

"Besides, you'll get to meet your Grandma." I said, pertaining to Dr. Shin's Mom.

"You're so lucky you still have one. Just seize that chance of getting to know your family Ryu."

"And like what I always teach you, always show respect to your elders, okay?" I replied seriously and I can hear my sister heaved a deep sigh.

Ryujin may be a charming and and talkative kid, but meeting new people really scares her.

She has this trauma of being rejected. That's her biggest fear. That feeling of being unwanted.

"Hey Bud, don't be scared okay? They're not our parents and I'm sure they will treat you like a family."

"Your Aunt wouldn't bring you there if they don't want you in the first place."

"Besides Dr. Shin assured me that she'll take care of you and I heard that all of them were so eager and excited to meet you." I narrated trying to cheer her up.

"Thanks Unnie. I'm just scared that they will not like me. What if I don't meet their expectations?"

"I mean, look at me, I'm just Ryujin."

"Just Ryujin." she mumbled lowly which felt like a prick in my heart.

This is what hurts me the most. Seeing the impact that my parents had put on her from those years of dealing with rejection, negligence and emotional abuse.

And every time Ryujin faces that rejection, she starts to believe in those fuckin voices in her chest.

It's a trauma that I guess I would never get over with, cause I nearly lost her forever because of that."

It's like a scar that won't ever go away.

And I will never forgive my parents for that.

I heaved a deep breath and looked up, suppressing myself to tear up.

"Hey, What are you talking about."

"You're not just Ryujin."

"You are my Ryujin. There's a big difference between that okay?" I mumbled softly and I can feel that she's finally smiling from the other line.