"Bare Soul"

AUTHOR's POV

"Jen-Jen? Why are you up so early?" Lisa asked still sleepy the moment she head down at the kitchen. She groggily walked towards her and kissed her in her cheeks and sat down at the stool besides the island counter.

"I'm preparing our breakfast and your packed lunch and snacks that you'll bring to school later." Jennie said while she busied herself cooking. She can hear Lisa let out a low groan as she lazily get a cup of coffee from the coffee pot.

"Jen, you know I'm not a kid anymore."

"Why would I bring packed lunch to school. Jeez it's embarrassing." she said in whining tone.

"Well for the record, you're a picky eater Lisa, and I bet that you'll just consume your entire breaktime looking for place to eat so I'm saving you from the hassle already." Jennie said a matter-of-factly which made Lisa pout and nod, having realized that she has a valid point.

"And second, I'm also preparing one for your new friend so you two can share food." She uttered smiling which brightened up Lisa's demeanor.

"Yeah, Jen-Jen. Now that you mentioned it, I was about to ask you if you could make some for her since she gave me her chocolate milk yesterday." Lisa uttered thoughtfully, looking at the food Jennie was preparing.

"She did that for you?"  She asked, flashing a reminiscent smile which didn't escape Lisa's sharp eyes.

"Why are you smiling? Care to tell me Jen?" she asked teasingly. One good trait about Lisa is, she might be a jealous person most of the times, but she's a the most understanding and giving person that she knows.

She would be genuinely happy whenever she sees her happy even if she's no longer the reason behind it anymore. And sometimes it breaks her heart seeing her smile like that, cause she knows deep down, Lisa is really hurting.

" I said, why are you smiling? You look stupid." She heard Lisa mumbled teasingly which snapped her back to her senses. Jennie smiled back at her and sat next to her while they start with their breakfast.

"Nothing, it's just that I suddenly remembered her sister Ryujin in her." She said in all honesty as she puts a couple of pancakes in Lisa's plate and spread a lavish amount of butter and syrup on it which she responded with a grateful smile.

"Ryujin offered me her bottle of water and scarf when she found me crying at the prayer room a month ago."

" You we're still at the ICU at that time Lisa, battling for your life and Ryujin happened to stay the night at the prayer room since she has no place to sleep that night."

"She said her sister was rushed there due to over fatigue from too much work."

"That kid had nothing but just a scarf and a bottle of water to survive the harsh night alone but she willingly offered them all to me saying that I needed it more than she does." Jennie narrated shaking her head and Lisa can't help but flashed a heartfelt smile.

"Well she's exactly just like her Unnie."

" Jisoo was the only person who helped me with my melt down yesterday, Jen-jen."

"I had my panic attack yesterday when she approached me and offered me her shades so I wouldn't be more anxious worrying about people's constant stares when I cry."

"She even offered me her chocolate milk and it was too late to realize that it's her only food for that day cause I never see her eating the entire time we're together."