Not Your Ordinary Fairytale: Part 2

AUTHOR's POV

The ball room was brightly lit with grandiose chandeliers as the entire hall was surrounded by heavenly music from the orchestra. The crowd looked dashing in their tux and gowns as they talked and drank while lively music is being played in the background.
Girls talked about designer bags and the latest fashion trend while guys bragged mostly about cars and women. Old men conversed about business and politics while their wives just sat at the side, looking for heirs that they would set their children up to.

In most fairytales, a prince or a princess would have definitely search for prospective bride or groom, but for Jennie Kim it's a completely different case.

While every guest was trying to steal a spotlight and make a great impression on her, Jennie only has her eyes at a specific person who at the moment was still out of sight and hasn't arrived the ball yet. Her longing gaze we're fixed at the huge closed door as if she's waiting for someone to arrive.

And just as the clock striked ten, the Herald who announces the guest arriving suddenly spoke and her world completely stopped.

"Acknowledging the arrival of Chairwoman Shin Si-Woo, her daughter Chairwoman Shin Sena and her grand daughters Kim Jisoo and Shin Ryujin." the Herald acknowledged cordially and all eyes were suddenly glued at the closed door as it dramatically opened, revealing Jisoo in her netted black midi dress, looking all exquisite and God-like while her companions stood behind her.

"Oh my God.. Who is that girl?"

"I have never seen such beauty like that."

"Isn't that the Kim Jisoo you guys were talking about? The working student that our cousin Jen was crazy about?"

"I thought she's poor?"

"Yah! What poor are you talking about? The dress she's wearing is a freaking unreleased Dior dress!"

"Holy shit! She's a chaebol's grand daughter and you guys were bad mouthing her a while ago."

"I didn't know that the Chairwoman Kim was acquinted with the Shins. Then why didn't she helped her Mom and her brothers secure that partnership with them. They've been pursuing the Shins for years now. "

Loud gasps and murmurings were suddenly heard from the still-stunned guests while Jisoo's friends just watched them all with a knowing smirk, thinking how amusing it is, seeing all those dumbstruck faces.

Jennie intuitively stood up as she watches the last guests walked the long carpeted floor towards were the celebrant's table is. Jisoo's gaze suddenly met hers and her heart-shaped lips finally curled up in a beautiful smile that the crowd suddenly turned silent, just worshipping this miracle-like sight.

She sparkled so bright that people could tell, how their eyes would never set sight to such an exquisite woman more beautiful and fairer than her.

Jennie was in deep awe that she didn't notice Jisoo's companions already standing in front of her. Behind them stood one of the Shin's personal guard carrying the set of gifts to be given to the celebrant.

"Sweetie are you alright or did my daughter take your breath away?" Jennie suddenly heard Dr. Shin whispered teasingly at her and Jennie instantly snapped back to her senses. She gently shook her head, still mesmerized and her cheeks suddenly turned bright red the moment she realized that she was actually staring at Jisoo the entire time with her mouth slightly hung open.