Angels in Disguise

FLASHBACK
JULY 2, 2011
AT THE HOSPITAL

RYUJIN's POV

"What happened?"

"How is she?" Jeongyeon and Kai both uttered panting the moment they reached her in the hospital. It seems like both of them came as fast as they could the moment they learned what happened which she's really grateful for. Because to be honest, she doesn't know what to do.

For almost two years since their Halmi died, her Jisoo Unnie has been her only source of life and strength and seeing her collapsed and lost consciousness for the first time was really scary and traumatizing for her.

It was a realization for her..

A realization that her sister has been pushing herself beyond her limits just for the two of them to survive.

And it came to the point where her body has finally given up from exhaustion and over fatigue.

These are the things that I hate the most.

That feeling of being powerless because you can't do anything about the situation.

I always despise that kind of feeling.

Like how powerless I once felt when our Dad's mistress kicked us out of their house while their Dad just watched them from the door.

Or how weak I felt when I witnessed how happy my Mom was with her new family that I suddenly felt numb and stiff all over.

It was that day when I learned that both of  our parents have been living with their own chosen family, leaving both my sister and I behind where they parted ways never looking back.

I wanted to shout and throw things at that time..

I wanted to kill them for all the pain and traumas they have both inflicted on us for years.

But my body just froze there and all I could do is watch them and cried like a stupid and helpless kid.

It was the first time I felt powerless.

And that haunting disgusting feeling lingered in every bit of my being ever since then.

It was a torture that I can never forget.

It even came to the point when I wanted to end that stupid feeling my way.

And it was the most stupid decision I had ever made....

...trying to end my life..

Because eversince then, my sister was never the same again.

The Jisoo Unnie that was once so carefree and full of life was suddenly faced with overwhelming responsibilities which made her the person she is now.

She was so hardworking and persevere that she forgot how it feels to really live.

She left her life behind just to raise me alone and I will never find much greater love than the kind of love my sister is giving me.