The Soul-Sisters' Pact

JENNIE's POV

"Unnie I'm doomed."

"What will I do?" I asked a little frustrated and helpless at Irene but my cousin just stared at me instead and flashed a knowing smile. She then lie next to me and watched me as I stare blankly at the ceiling and heaved a deep sigh.

"Well I think you're in love Jen-Jen." I heard Irene Unnie answered softly, while cupping my face and made me look at her.

"And you're not just simply in love sweetie. You're absolutely madly, deeply and hopelessly in love with that girl Jen." Irene uttered with soft chuckles and I can't help but close my eyes cause to be honest, that's the thing that I am most terrified to hear.

For a month that I have known Jisoo, my feelings for her grew deeper and deeper.

I always convince myself that this thing is just a mere fondness or a simple attraction but hell I was wrong.

I guess I already know the truth since the very beginning. I'm just to scared to acknowledge it.

I heaved a deep breath and stared at the ceiling again, knowing that this situation I am currently in will never be easy.

Well her life has always been a complicated one since the very beginning.

People might think that she has a comfortable life, just because she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth but her life was actually the opposite.

It was always complicated and lonely, for her whole life was never normal to begin with.

I heaved a deep breath again, mustering all the courage to admit something that I can no longer suppress.

"I think I am, Unnie." I finally admitted with my eyes closed as overwhelming amount of guilt suddenly filled me.

"Jen, you shouldn't feel guilty about it."

"It's an inevitable thing. You can't possibly control or ignore it."

"Love hits us in unexpected ways Jennie." Irene uttered in her dignified tone.

"But Unnie, I don't want to hurt Lisa, especially in her condition right now."

"I don't have the heart to hurt her." I uttered almost tearing up but Irene  turned to me and gave me a faint smile.

"Jennie, whether you choose to ignore that feeling or admit it, it would still hurt her."

"So might as well hurt her with the truth rather than hurt her with your lies." she said earnestly which shut me up for a while.

"It's not that easy Unnie." I mumbled softly, avoiding her gaze but Irene tilted my chin and made me look at her again.

"Jen-Jen, I know this will never be easy. But Lisa deserves to know the truth right?"

"I know you guys already ended your relationship months ago, but I know deep down, a part of you both still has it. And I know Lisa never stopped loving you whether she's the one who ended everything between the two of you. And for whatever her reasons may be, may it be valid or not, atleast she was honest with you Jennie. Since the beginning she told you the truth and I know it was never easy on her part too."

"My point is, you have to tell her how you really feel Jen-Jen."

"Because you both deserve that."

"And I know Lisa will understand, Jen. "