"A Glimpse on Jennie's Past"

AUTHOR's POV

"Miss Jennie, thank God you finally arrived home."

"Miss Irene and Miss Lisa has been calling non-stop since last night."

"What happened? We tried to call you again last night but we couldn't reach you on your phone." The old woman uttered worriedly the moment they arrived. She welcomed them warmly and gestured the other maid to get Jennie a set of thick robes the moment she saw her condition.

"I suggest we should take you to the hospital now Miss." she suggested flashing a genuine concern but Jennie just shook her head and gave her a half smile.

"Please don't, Ahjumma. You know I hate it there." Jennie answered with a faint smile and the old woman just nods and looked at her warily.

"Okay if you insist Miss. But I have to call your family Doctor just to make sure you'll get the treatment that you needed. It's a safety protocol Miss that we have to adhere to ensure your health and well-being." the old woman uttered apologetically the moment she saw  Jennie's exasperated look. The old woman's gaze then travelled from her then to Jisoo who at the moment was standing awkwardly, just watching them with their exchange of conversation.

"By the way Jisoo, this is Ahjumma Jang, my Nanny."

"Ahjumma, this is Jisoo a special friend of mine." Jennie formally introduced Jisoo to her. The old woman gave Jennie a knowing smile which she responded with light chuckles and finally nods.

"Well it's an honor to finally meet Jennie's new friend. It's nice to meet you Miss Jisoo."

"Miss Jennie here always thinks and speaks highly of you." Ahjumma Jang uttered beaming which instantly turned Jennie blushing.

"Ahjumma." Jennie mumbled at her giving the old woman a wide eye.

"It's nice to meet you too, Ma'am."

"And please just call me Jisoo. I'm not really a formal person." Jisoo uttered giving her a sheepish smile while she unconsciously scratches her nape, looking all shy and awkward with all the formalities.

"She's the one who took care of me last night when I was sick Ahjumma." Jennie butted in which made the old woman flash a grateful smile at Jisoo.

"We got stranded from the heavy rain and I forgot to charge my phone that's why I didn't got any of your calls."

"I'll just call Lisa and Irene Unnie later." Jennie explained non-chalantly.

"Thank you Miss Jisoo for taking care of her especially last night."

"I hope she's not much of a hassle to you." the old woman bantered lightly making the other girl pout and it was the only time Jisoo finally released her cute toothy grin.

"Well she's clingy and needy when she's sick. But it's fine Ma'am, I love taking care of her." Jisoo answered earnestly and Jennie can't help but bit her lip, suppressing a flustered smile that she failed to hide while the old woman watched her quite amused. Their conversation was suddenly cut off when a maid emerged carrying a neatly folded thick robe and offered it to Jennie.

"The doctor will arrive at once, Miss Jennie. We'll guide you to your room so you could rest."

"Is Miss Jisoo going to stay the night here? We'll prepare the guest room for her." the old woman asked confirming.

"Yeah Ajumma but she'll be staying in my room." Jennie answered avoiding the old woman's gaze.

"As you wish, Miss Jennie. We'll aslo bring your food in your room right away." Ahjumma Jang uttered with a bow and finally excused herself.
-------------------------------------------------------------