The Beginning of a Painful Journey

FRIDAY
July 2, 2011
Manoban's Residence

JENNIE's POV

"Lili, wakie wakie."

"Come on Babe, Mom's gonna knock anytime now." I called softly, trying to wake her from her sleep.

"Five more minutes Jen. I'm still....." Lisa mumbled half asleep which she never got the chance to finish when I heard her light snores again.

Seriously, for 3 years that we'd been together, our usual mornings have always been a struggle for me when it comes to waking her up.

She would always set not one, but three alarms yet it would not even stir her from her deep sleep.

I would often call her sleeping beauty.

Cause not even the end of the world could ever disturb her from her precious sleep.

Yeah, that's how much of a heavy sleeper my girlfriend is.

"Lisa-yah.." I called again but this time I leaned closer, seizing her in her lips that I know she wouldn't dare ignore. And true enough, I found her responding to it with her eyes still shut.

Like they always say, what a better way to wake sleeping beauty than to give her true love's kiss.

"Come on Babe. You have to get up now." I uttered showering her kisses in her cheeks while her cat Leo just kept on purring and hissing, watching us like he's totally done with it. Poor cat has no choice but to witness that traumatizing scene every single morning.

"Today's your big day and you have to prepare." I reminded her smiling which Lisa responded with an exasperated sigh.

"Jen-jen, I'll be driving Mom and Dad to Busan today. There's nothing really big about it, okay?" she chuckled while fondling with my hair down to my cheeks and carressed it lovingly.

"And speaking of our trip, are you sure you really don't want to come?" she said pouting flashing that aegyo face that would always make me soft and giggle.

"Yah- Lili you know I can't."

"Mom will be coming home tonight from her business trip. You know we rarely spend time together so I have to make the most of it." I answered and she unconsciously flashed that heartfelt smile.

"Yeah, I'm happy Eomma will be home this weekend Babe.

"Finally you'll have your "Eomma Day" today." Lisa mumbled with soft and low chuckles.

For years that we've been close friends and in a relationship, Lisa has gotten used to the kind of set up that me and my Mom have at home.

I would often be left with the housemaids at home and I am always grateful that Lisa would always come over at my house or invite me to stay at her place.

She knows how such a busy person my Mom is, that's why whenever Mom gets home, Lisa would often call it as "Eomma Day".

For us it's more like a national holiday or even better than Chuseok Holiday here in Korea.

"That means we'll both have our families with us." Lisa said softly as she lightly kissed me in my forehead and wrapped me in a comforting hug.

"Yah. You're still lucky you always have your Mom with you. Lili" I told her which made her smile even more.

"And I will always be grateful about that Jen-Jen."

"Atleast we still have my Mom who's with us everyday."