Scene 37 - Our Weapons Will Annihilate You

The first Subterrain keeps pulling at Venus' hair as she is powerless to prevent it in her tied-up chair. She still winces out in the pain.

Subterrain 1:

Now, Dr. Venus, use the artefact against your Steve Zodiac.

Dr. Venus:

Ugh! No. NO!

The Subterrain pulls harder on her hair, making her wince more again. The artefact glistens with its bright power in the centre. Venus suffers more pain as the Subterrain tortures her, but she is strong enough to withstand their force.

Subterrain 1:

You will obey. You will obey!

The pulling continues as Venus' eyes fill with pain.

Subterrain 2:

Fireball XL5 incoming towards our vessel.

Fireball XL5 quickly closes in towards the SSRS ship running through the skies.

Steve Zodiac:

Robert, take over. I'm going down on that ship.

We cut between the Professor and Steve Zodiac in their control rooms they're in.

Professor Matic:

But that's crazy, Steve. Crazy! You can't get aboard that spacecraft outside.

Steve Zodiac:

Oxygen pills can protect me from the vacuum.

Professor Matic:

You'll be ripped apart by the atmosphere. Or fall out to the ground.

Steve Zodiac:

Not without a thruster pack.

Fireball XL5 closes in towards the Subterrain vessel. The piloting Subterrain tries to fly the craft away, but Venus was hindering the speed of the craft by allowing Fireball XL5 to pursue and hover close beside it. She still suffers agony as the Subterrain tortures her with the hair pulling.

Subterrain 2:

Fireball XL5 now flying directly above us!

Subterrain 3:

What shall we do? Steve Zodiac is bound to capture us.

Subterrain 1:

No thanks to the Earthwoman, helping her Steve Zodiac.

Subterrain 3:

But what shall we do?

Subterrain 1:

Wait and see. I will predict his movements. Our weapons will annihilate him.

We see Venus still controlling the artefact's power, which slows the Subterrain ship so Fireball XL5 can catch up. Although she still suffers in pain from the Subterrain, her mental willpower fights back to make her want what she wants more. The two ships keep flying together, Fireball XL5 flying above the Subterrain craft. The chute to access the Subterrain ship was on the left-hand side of the craft. Fireball XL5 then flies to the left-hand side, piloted by Robert and ordered Steve's instructions. Steve is inside the ejection room. A rope is attached around his waist to protect him in case he is sucked out, but he is ready to fight against the Subterrains. In the control room of the Subterrain ship, Subterrain 1 acts angrily.

Get the guns! Zodiac is coming aboard! I want him destroyed!

The artefact still emits its powerful energy.

As Fireball XL5 closes towards the ship, Steve inside the ejection room blasts out! Once outside in the sky, the thruster pack blasts him towards the chute by the door to the Subterrain ship. His thruster pack has enough power to shoot him towards the door. Steve's jet pack still blasts him against the door, protecting him from the wind and being sucked away. He uses a magnetic harness around his waist so he can glue himself to the ship as he fights against the speed the ship is zooming at. We cut to see the ships flying together, before returning to see Steve use his gun to fire at the door. DDDDZZZ!!!! BAM! The lock breaks, and the door opens. The Professor watches from the control room of Fireball XL5 as Robert pilots the craft.

Professor Matic:

Come on, Steve. You can do it!

With the door open to the SSRS ship, Steve is able to blast himself aboard the craft. From inside, he uses the magnet to lock against the wall and close the heavy door with his strong muscles. It closes, snapping the rope between him and Fireball.

He's aboard.

We then see the two ships keep a close link between each other. The final battle between Fireball XL5 and the Subterrains was about to begin...