Scene 7 - Launching Fireball XL5

We cut back to the exterior of Space City's revolving tower, and then back into the control tower. The Lieutenant at his desk reports to his Commander.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Transmissions from deep space indicate the unstable position of Savox, Planet 62. Mining of Novax Castrol E7 has gone critical, and reports suggest that drilling into the core of the planet to extract deposits of E7 are penetrating through to the inner core of the planet.

Commander Zero:

Right, Lieutenant. What's the situation between the Slumpas and Rimpas, and their miners who run the drilling?

Lieutenant Ninety:

Satellite sources depict the Savox Miners to be fleeing the uncontrolled drilling site. Tensions are gradually worsening between the two species.

Commander Zero:

That will mean only one thing, Lieutenant. Intergalactic trouble. Who is in the best position to mount a rescue operation?

Lieutenant Ninety:

None of our Fireball ships, Commander. We might as well use one of our crafts based at Space City to get out there.

Commander Zero:

That's just what we will do then, Lieutenant. We need to get Fireball XL5 out there right away. All the Savox miners need to be taken clear from the planet. And if it is possible, the drill needs to be stopped. If Steve Zodiac can get it to function in time. Otherwise, the intergalactic situation is going to blow over.

Sirens sound across Space City. The hatch to Fireball XL5's hanger is opened at the front and above. Metal conveyor trains and chains above the ship will wheel the ship into position. They grab onto Fireball and lift the craft up. Lieutenant Ninety controls the operation. We will sometimes see the XL5 being carried into position with his voice over announcing the moment or cut to him in Space City.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Attention! Attention! Fireball XL5 now being elevated onto rail ramp.

The ship is being carefully taken on to the track where the XL5 will launch up at.

Fireball XL5 now being moved into position. Rocket sledge attached and ready for lift off.

The ramp arrives at where Fireball XL5 will take off at. The ship is placed down onto the ramp correctly. The chains are cut off and elevated back up, where they return back to where they came.

Fireball XL5 lift off, zero minus 40 seconds.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 to Space City, roger. Standing by for lift off. 30 seconds.

We cut to see the mighty impressive Fireball XL5, ready for launch.

All systems green for go, go, go.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Roger, Steve. All systems here are go. Full power.

KABOOM! Fireball XL5 blasts! The ship begins running along the track as previously seen. Stock footage is rerun to see the craft launch along the track and sweep up into the sky. The rail then flies off into the distance to be collected. We see Steve in Fireball XL5, and then the craft zooming up through space.

Lift off, A-Ok, Commander Zero. Launch rail recovery underway.

A crane with eight wheels, four on each side, runs along the opposite side of the track from Space City to collect the launch rail. Fireball XL5 ascends into space, on its way to the planet Savox. In the control cabin, Steve is joined by Robert. Venus and Matic are elsewhere on the ship.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 to Space City, we are on our way to planet Savox.

Commander Zero:

Ok, Steve. You'll have very little time on this assignment. Your main priority is to get the Savox miners out from the planet before it destroys itself. If, and only if, you have time, you and Matt will have to shut down the drill. The tensions between the different Savoxs can be saved for later, the miners cannot!

Steve Zodiac:

Got it, Commander. We will fly at maximum speed to get to Savox. Engage Hyperdrive, Robert.

Robert the Robot:

EEEENNNGGGGAAAGGGEEEEE HHHHYYYPPPEEEERRRDDDRRRIIIIVVVEEEEEE!!!!!

We then see Fireball's motors explode with power, shooting the craft even faster and further forward into space. This then transitions back to Space City.

Commander Zero:

And good luck to you out there, Steve.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Launch rail slide now recovered.

We see the slide that had been flung off when the XL5 took off. The crane elevates a hook down to pick up the slide and wheels it back up. After this, the crane then reverses back into Space City.

Slide now returning to Space City.

Commander Zero:

It's a good thing the crane to recover the slide is automatic, Lieutenant. Otherwise some poor fella will have to keep getting it every time a Fireball craft launches. Well, all part of the sophisticated design of our highly advanced headquarters, like our revolving tower or our Fireball ships. Right, Lieutenant?

Lieutenant Ninety:

Yes, sir!

The crane arrives back at the end of the slide and places it down in the correct position on the track...