Scene 14 - The One Place In The Universe That Will Tell Us

We open back up to see Fireball XL5 zooming through space on its trip to Herbaccum. This then cuts inside to the spaceship where we see Steve Zodiac and Robert the Robot inside the control room. Zodiac has returned from the main lounge to return to duty, and takes up his seat again. We will cut away to Robert to see Zodiac sit down in his place.

Steve Zodiac:

Ok Robert, I'm back on duty. I just went for a bit of rest in the relaxation bay for when we will be arriving at Herbaccum. I'm guessing there's nothing to report whilst I've been away.

Robert the Robot:

NNNNOOOTTTTHHHIINNNGGG TTTOOOO RRREEEPPPPOOORRRRTTTTT!!!!!!!! NNNNOOOTTTTHHHIINNNGGG TTTOOOO RRREEEPPPPOOORRRRTTTTT!!!!!!!!

We hear the Professor in the Navigation Bay, contacting the control room.

Professor Matic:

Steve, we are approaching the Subterrain radius of Planet 46. We must divert our course within precisely the next two minutes before we invade their territory.

Steve Zodiac:

Good idea, Professor. Switch course, Robert. Starboard 039 degrees.

Robert the Robot:

RRROOOGGGGGEEEERRRRRR!!!!!! SSSSWWIIITTTTCCCCCHHHHIINNGGGG CCCCCOOOUURRRRRSSSSEEEEE SSSSSTTTTAAARRRBBBOOAAARRRRDDDDDD 00033399999 DDDEEEGGGRRREEESSSS!!!!!!

Fireball XL5 then veers off to the right. We see the Professor in his lab.

Professor Matic:

Funny old, Robert. You might say he's the most advanced robot ever devised. Built by of course yours truly. He, he, he, he. And his positronic brain. Maybe I should consider making him fully automated to make him a thinking, living being. Now that sure is a task I can complete.

We cut back to the control room in Fireball XL5. Venus arrives. The Professor's voice is heard on the radio.

Steve Zodiac:

You still making a fuss of Robert, Professor?

Professor Matic:

I have every right to, Steve. Robert is my own baby.

Dr. Venus:

Yes, we gathered from that Professor considering how rightfully protective you are over, Robert.

We cut to the Subterrain's base, and on their monitor, they show the vicinity of their planet. It marks the crafts that are in sight of their planet, which Fireball has avoided, but is still detected to be "near" their space as opposed to "in" it. The Subterrains are not the best pleased by this. The white mark of Fireball XL5 is shown at the very tip top of the monitor.

Subterrain 1:

An Earthman's spaceship is edging across our space. A World Space Patrol vessel. Scan that vessel.

We see the light continue to be traced from the scanners. Details of the craft are picked up on a ticker paper printed out from the main console. The second Subterrain reads it aloud.

Subterrain 2:

World Space Patrol vessel Fireball XL5. Trajectory from Earth calculates course for planet Herbaccum. World Space Patrol spacecraft has altered its course for our space to avoid us.

Subterrain 1:

Well... this proves, that they are on their way to the planet Herbaccum. To find a new form of drug for themselves. Or to form a chemical formula. A chemical formula...