Scene 11 - Non-negotiation

We cut back to the setting of the Slumpas in their lounge-like settings. The camera depicts Skarva in close range, raging with anger and throwing his tubby arms about. After his first line of dialogue, the camera will quickly shoot back out to reveal the rest of the room. Wrafgh pleads with his superior.

Skarva:

NO! By all my Novax Castrol E7 in the entire universe, NO!

Wrafgh:

But your highness, the Subterrain people are most insistent that we find some form of peace settlement between our ancient enemies. Not only is the source of our life support systems now extinct, but the Rimpas also believe that it was us who caused the destruction of Savox.

Skarva:

That is to be expected. To throw suspicion onto us when it is they who must be answerable for their actions. This is a non-negotiable matter, Wrafgh. Non-negotiable. Do you hear me?

Wrafgh:

But without peace your highness, war will be inevitable. Both our people will be annihilated and take up a substantial number of innocent life forms across the galaxy.

Skarva:

I understand that, Wrafgh. What about the answer to finding more of our Novax energy?

Wrafgh:

It cannot be engineered from test tubes and science, Skarva your excellency. Novax Catrol E7 can only be found naturally in natural deposits of a planet's core. No other planet is known to possess such a rich substance as Novax provides.

Skarva:

Then begin searching, Wrafgh!

Wrafgh:

We and the Subterrains are searching desperately across the galaxy, but we have had no such luck.

Skarva:

The Subterrains. Hmph! Intergalactic space do-gooders.

Wrafgh:

Please try to consider what they say, your highness. For the sake of our people and for the universe's too.

Skarva:

Very well. How are our reserves lasting?

Wrafgh:

We will not be able to survive much longer without them. We are totally dependent on it in order for our race to survive. Without it, we would become extinct.

Skarva:

Unlike our enemies, they need it only to produce their superficial world around them. And vastly inferior to ours, Wrafgh. They have no sense of taste or style, do they?

This then transitions to see the Rimpas in their other lounge-like room, dressed in a parallel fashion to that of the Slumpas. We see the two representatives standing as two Subterrains are in their presence, discussing terms for a diplomatic meeting.

Kasak:

Discussing terms peacefully with the Slumpas? What a preposterous idea!

Subterrain 1:

Here us out, Kasak. The universe is hanging by a thread of stable balance. If any one of your people show might to be right, then you and the Slumpas will not be stopped in bringing the universe into chaos.

Josiah:

We want to avoid innocent lives being involved in the conflict as any of you or the Slumpas. But what can you do to help our people become friendly again.

Subterrain 1:

It is up to you. You must look at the wider-reaching effects of your distaste for one another. Either you co-operate, and we can find a solution of ending your skirmish and locating more of your Novax Castrol E7. Otherwise, you and your enemies will have no future.

Kasak:

You have a fair point. But how will the tensions be relaxed?

Subterrain 2:

Once we locate a new source of the E7 substance, the most powerful energy source in the whole universe, we shall take it into our custody. So that we shall effectively control the supply to you and the Slumpas. This will be to ensure that no petty rivalries shall ensue.

Kasak:

We see we have very little choice in the matter. We must accept.

Subterrain 1:

Good. Thank you for being so easy to work with.

Josiah:

What of the future for our Savox miners? They were destined to continue their work on Savox, and had little future or commitment for any other function in life.

Subterrain 2:

The hypnotic inducing device we used to lure them into safety before the Savox was destroyed still has to wear the effects off of them. They must remain in our handling until they are fully fit to return to yours and the Slumpas' hands.

Subterrain 1:

Because of the sluggish nature of the beasts, our hypnotic rays had greater effect on the mental state of their... little brains.

Subterrain 2:

We will let you know when they can be returned to you.

Kasak:

Good. And when will negotiations begin?

Subterrain 1:

As soon as the Slumpas agree to cooperate. Which we will see to that they will.

Subterrain 2:

We shall oversee the negotiations to ensure that peace is maintained between you and the Slumpas. If there is any trouble, we shall see to it that a peaceful end to the immediate conflict is arranged. Thank you for your assistance. We shall now return to our headquarters to begin preparations.

The Subterrains begin to leave. The Rimpas are left to remain in their room. As the Subterrains leave, we hear their cackling as they make for the exit. They reach the end of the corridor.

Subterrain 1:

Those stupid fools! They are beginning to fall for us. Everything will be falling neatly into place.

Subterrain 2:

Yes. And once we have controlled the Savox species and found the new source of the Castrol E7 substance, they shall be at our mercy! Then, we shall be invincible!

They cackle once again. The sliding door opens, revealing a Savox miner who neutrally steps forward motionless! He holds one of the Subterrain guns in his hand.

Subterrain 1:

We are now returning to the ship. Prepare for the return to Planet 46.

Savox Miner 1:

Yes... Master!

The Subterrains cackle again, because they have the Savox Miners under their control. They pass through, and the possessed miner follows. The sealed entrance then shuts before the screen fades to blackness...