Scene 23 - A World Of Infinite Mazes

We cut back to Space City's revolving tower. The camera zooms towards the headquarters before we cut inside to the control room. The Commander has returned to his desk from the main entrance/exit and sits down on his seat. Lieutenant Ninety approaches the Commander's desk.

Commander Zero:

Well, Lieutenant? Fill me with all the details. What is Steve's report?

Lieutenant Ninety:

Their first arrival to Planet 99 has been successful. They have attained the first part of the formula disc. Robert has suffered major damage that the Professor has to work on as well as transcribing the rest of the formula. The planet was led by a race of robots...

Commander Zero:

Just the major details, Lieutenant Ninety.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Sorry, Commander. Well, Fireball XL5 is on course for planet Mazak to collect the second of the three parts of the formula. And we have still had no news about the Subterrains and the Savoxians.

Commander Zero:

I didn't think there would be. We just have to hope that we're able to get the formula before any more trouble happens with the Savoxians.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Yes, sir. This nervousness is making unions across the galaxy nervous. Especially with all this waiting and not hearing anything.

Commander Zero:

And we're all trying to keep our heads so we don't lose them and end up running about like headless chickens.

The Commander turns to the camera.

Come on, Steve. Where's that formula?

This then cuts to see Fireball XL5 flying towards a planet that takes up half of the screen, footage supplied by stock footage.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 now approaching the planet Mazak now.

We cut inside to Dr. Venus' laboratory. The Doctor of Space Medicine is at her desk reading the scroll with Professor Matic by her side, helping her with the translation. The other piece of the disc is with them. Robert is standing at the back wall, with his lights for his eyes flashing. We will cut between the lab and Steve Zodiac.

Dr. Venus:

Ok, Steve. We haven't been able to find much out with the Scorpitus disc. But one thing we have found out about Mazak from the ship's log is that Mazak is the world full of mazes. We will have to be careful not to get ourselves lost in there.

Professor Matic:

Yeah. The world of mazes tunnels leads all inside the caves and internal surroundings. Filled with unexpected and dangerous traps for all those who trespass they say. So, err, it's not like we could search for it in the skies.

Steve Zodiac:

Sounds like we will have our work cut out for us. Any idea where it might be?

Dr. Venus:

Deep within the labyrinth, Steve.

Professor Matic:

Another thing Steve, it has always been rumoured, but never proven, that some evil being lurks the labyrinth for intruders to his home planet. No space explorer has even gone in there or gone back in to find out as such.

Steve Zodiac:

Then it will be our job to find out. But only until we find what we're looking for.

We then cut to see Fireball XL5 flying above the planet's grey tunnels. The damp climate of Mazak makes the grey tunnels shine reflectively. Steve is amazed by the never ending tunnels and caves he can see running across the entire planet.