Scene 36 - Fireball XL5 Pursuit

We see Fireball XL5 outside Space City, sitting on the platform about to take off. Steve Zodiac and Robert the Robot quickly act aboard their ship, ready to take off. The Professor sits in the Navigation Bay ready to receive and follow the instructions from Steve Zodiac.

Steve Zodiac:

Ok, Matt, do we have that position of the Subterrain ships?

Professor Matic:

Got it, Steve. And no shield detectors can hide them from visual contact.

Steve Zodiac:

Right, take her up, Robert. And make it snappy!

Robert the Robot:

RRROOGGGGEEERRRR, TTTTAAAKKKIIINNNNGGGGG HHHEEERRRR UUUPPPP, MMMMAAAKKKKIIINNNGG IIITTTT SSSNNAAAAPPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

KABOOM! The craft rises up from the platform and quickly blasts the rocket's boosters. Fireball XL5 then zooms towards the direction of the Subterrain ships. We see Steve and Robert flying the rocket and we then cut to see Commander Zero in the control room.

Commander Zero:

Steve, the Subterrains have been exposed for holding the Savoxians hostage when they've been in desperate need of the E7 substance. They've also been exposed for the destruction of the planet, slavery of the miners, and a list of crimes they've committed over the last few weeks which reads as long as your arm.

Steve Zodiac:

Got it, Commander. Now they're on their own.

The Subterrain space fleet prepares to destroy Fireball XL5 and Space City from the clouds above.

Subterrain 2:

Fireball XL5 incoming from Space City.

Subterrain 1:

I warned Zodiac not to follow us. Now he will die. Launch all missiles to destroy them!

Dr. Venus tries to break from the ropes again, with one wrapped around her mouth silencing her. Fireball XL5 prepares to arm itself also.

Steve Zodiac:

Launch interceptors, Robert.

We see the stock footage of the missiles being elevated out from the ship, pointing at the fleet.

Subterrain 1:

All units. Fire!

The missiles out of the ships shoot out from the front of the ships like bolts. BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

Steve Zodiac:

Fire now!

BAM! BAM! BAM! The missiles clash with each other. POW! KABOOM! KABANG!

Subterrain 1:

Fire again!

POW! POW! KABOOM! KABANG! BAM! BAM! KABOOM! Fireball XL5 retaliated, destroying more of the incoming missiles. The ship then burns through the flames after the Subterrain crafts.

You will die, Zodiac! All units, maximum obliteration. Let nothing stop you from destroying Steve Zodiac completely!

As the Subterrain talks, Venus looks at the artefact. She knows her mental thought process can affect how its activity is used. Dr. Venus thinks of what she wants, and the orange light in the centre flashes. Suddenly, all the Subterrain ships begin acting out of control. They spin around, go up and down, swing side-to-side like conkers, and run around in circles. The Subterrains have no control of this.

Subterrain 1/2/3:

WWAAAAHHH!!!!!!! WWAAAHH!!! WWWOOOAAAAHH!!!!!!!

The spaceships now look quite amusing to see. They spin upside down, wobble up and down, and blast forward then backwards repeatedly. Fireball XL5 sees this ahead of the craft approaching them in the vicinity.

Steve Zodiac:

Hey, what's happening?

We see this sequence continue.

Subterrain 3:

WWWOOAAAAHHH AAARRGGGHH!!!!!!

Subterrain 1:

Do something you fool!

Subterrain 2:

I can't! The controls are not responding. All of our ships have gone completely out of our control. WWOOOAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Fireball XL5 stops in mid air to watch the amusement of seeing the strange movement of spaceships.

Steve Zodiac:

It must be Venus. She's used the artefact to control the ships. Clever girl.

We see the Subterrains still finding it impossible to control their spacecrafts, being spun about endlessly.

Subterrain 2:

AAAHHH, HELP US STEVE ZODIAC! HELP US!

Subterrain 1:

Silence!

Steve Zodiac:

Listen to me Subterrains, you are powerless now. You have no control over anything anymore. Surrender to Space City, immediately.

Subterrain 2:

AARRGGHH!!!! We surrender, Steve Zodiac! We surrender!

Subterrain 1:

Never, Earthman scum. I know how she is doing this.

The Subterrain turns back to look at Venus. The crafts are being forced to be lowered down by Dr. Venus' willpower.

Steve Zodiac:

We know exactly what you've been up to. And you will stand trial for it. We have the forces of the whole universe and their weapons for our backing to destroy you and your planet.

The first Subterrain stands behind the tied up Venus. The third Subterrain now holds the artefact carefully.

Subterrain 1:

Well, not me Zodiac!

The Subterrain pulls Venus' hair, affecting her concentration as she is in pain. She winces out. The Subterrain ship that has the three Subterrains we see and Venus as a hostage is able to fly off and escape. The other five Subterrain ships have descended downwards and are left to be taken by the Earth forces.

Steve Zodiac:

Oh no you don't.

Fireball XL5 blasts off pursuing the Subterrain ship. KABOOM! WHOOSH!

Commander Zero:

Steve must be after the other ship because that's the ship with the Subterrain leader. And Venus on board.

The Subterrain ship continues to try to escape away, with Fireball XL5 closing in...