Scene 24 - The Beast

The path that Steve and his friends continue to walk down with the utmost caution becomes darker and wetter. The dripping water becomes louder. The walls dim in their shiny appearance, and writing begins to appear on both sides of the pathway.

Steve Zodiac:

Watch our footing. It's getting more slippery as you go in.

We then see the faces of Steve, Venus, the Professor, and Robert. The humans remain weary of what is around them. As they keep approaching forward, we hear the terrific roar of the savage monster again.

Professor Matic:

Sounds like whatever it is, it's coming this way.

Dr. Venus:

Steve. I'm scared.

Steve Zodiac:

Professor, Venus, get behind me. Robert, you come up to the front with me.

Steve and Robert come to the front. Venus and the Professor stand behind them. All of them aim their guns out, and Steve puts his arm in front of Venus to cover her. The roaring keeps loudening, roaring and booming its echo down the tunnels. A figure in black soon emerges from the void in front of them. A tall, well-built minotaur beast growling and roaring reveals himself. The creature with its upright hooves menacing Steve and his friends shows its sharp nails ready to attack. The minotaur frowns angrily with his angry red eyes. A green third eye sits at the top of his forehead, below his gigantic horns of power.

Minotaur:

RRRROOAAAARRRR!!!!! RRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!! RRRRROOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Professor Matic:

It's... it's a Minotaur! A real life Minotaur!

The creature roars again and charges for Steve and the others.

Steve Zodiac:

Robert, fire now!

They both fire, and the Minotaur is stunned by the rays. Another couple of rays scare the Minotaur away. He runs back into the darkness, to still remain as the haunting guard of the labyrinth.

Phew. Thank goodness that worked.

Dr. Venus:

Will he come back, Steve?

Steve Zodiac:

I shouldn't think so. But one thing's for certain. There is a spooky character that looms down here. And we'd better leave to him to it.

Professor Matic:

Yeah. Did any of you see that extra third light it had on his head? I reckon that might have been what we were looking for.

The Professor takes out the scroll again. We see that on the page that the Mazak section of the disc is marked green in the centre.

So we can't be all that far from where we need to be.

Dr. Venus:

You mean the next piece of section might be inside the head of the Minotaur?

Robert begins moving to the left of the wall, feeling it as if he was searching for an object like a blind person.

Professor Matic:

No. No, I don't think so. Perhaps these inscriptions may help us. But we don't know where to start on them. This is a totally different language to ours.

Steve Zodiac:

And we had better not get the code wrong, either. This world is full of traps. One wrong button and we could all get swallowed into the ground.