Scene 10 - Good Work

We get a sequence of showing over the short course of time the heroic efforts of the Subterrain Space Rescue Service. Music accompanies the action. The first we see is a shot of a transporter ship, a large and stocky ship, colliding with a planet below. The transporter keeps descending down, and we can see a man inside the windscreen of the ship. This man sits in front of a computer console that guides his flight. He looks terrified as the ship plummets to certain doom. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a grapple swings down onto the top of the transporter. As the man inside covers his face as the shaking space vessel drops like a stone towards the planet, the transporter craft is suddenly pulled up and out to safety. The grapple is released as the man realises that he has been saved. With relief, he sighs and looks up to the ship in sight that saved his life. It was the same streamlined SSRS ship. He sees the logo, but before congratulations are made, the ship blasts away.

This then cuts away to a new setting. We see a satellite suspended helplessly in save, trying to escape the path of invading alien forces. The satellite exterior, possibly reused from an earlier story with modifications to it, has energy beams fired at them. A swarm of flying white saucers spin towards the camera, shooting lasers forward ahead of them. The satellite is nearly struck. ZAM! ZAM! ZAM! POW! BANG! BOOM! The alien invaders come closer to their target. Suddenly, the SSRS ship zooms from behind them to obliterate them with its energy weapon. ZAM! ZAM! ZAM! ZAM! KABOOM! KABOOM! KABANG! KAPOW! All the invaders had been destroyed, and then the craft zooms above the satellite and above the camera view. This demonstrates the powerful presence of the victorious rescuers. We then are shown to see more of these alien saucers trying to escape away from the SSRS ship. ZAM! ZAM! ZAM! KABOOM! KABANG! KAPOW!

The next transition demonstrates the hero's presence and the gratification the Subterrains are receiving. We see three of them standing behind a screen, with a fade of people clapping, throwing roses at them, cameras flashing photos, and hearing the cheers of the Subterrains. The Subterrain at the front honours the reward, raising his arms to greet the cheering at them. A sudden flash appears on the screen, and then depicts their image in the front of a newspaper. The paper is dated Monday 19th March 2064 in the "Intergalactic Times". The headline with the Subterrains reads "The SSRS, cheers of prosperity heard across space". We see two other headlines at the bottom of the page reading "Olympus, the finest holiday resort in the whole galaxy". The other reads "Galactacon Final; Gruffalo Spiders 4, Bleather Domeheads 2". The back page has the picture of an Earth underwater Aquaphibian on one side with the headline "Life under the seas?". The second picture has a picture of MasterSpy and Zarin saying "Family from Crooks to Hooks unveiled". The camera goes from Commander Zero holding the paper in his hand in the Space City control room out to reveal him with Steve, Dr. Venus, the Professor, and the Lieutenant.

Commander Zero:

The SSRS, cheers of prosperity heard across space. Well, they sure have made their names universally famous in just the space of the last week.

Dr. Venus:

And from the rate they're going at Commander, they will soon be putting us out of a job.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Will that ever happen do you think, Commander?

Commander Zero:

No, no. The World Space Patrol is the representative flagship of the Earth to the rest of the universe. We won't be made redundant any time soon, Lieutenant.

Professor Matic:

Well, I suppose in some ways this is not a cause to worry about. But something to celebrate. These Subterrains are doing a swell job. They have saved lives and stopped evil menaces from taking over the galaxy.

Steve Zodiac:

Yeah Matt, that's all well and good. But that's supposed to be our job. And we started it before they did.

Commander Zero:

I understand your concerns, Steve. I feel the same way about this as you do. And they're doing a very impressive job of it. So impressive is how they can be on the other side of the galaxy within moments at a time. Like they know when and where the disasters are going to happen.

Steve Zodiac:

Even with Fireball XL5's hyperdrive technology Commander, some of the planets they've been able to reach would take us even days to reach.

Professor Matic:

Who knows what strange powers they have to predict the future, Steve. They want to keep themselves so much to themselves, how are we supposed to know how they go about their business.

Steve Zodiac:

Has it ever occurred to any of us that they could be the ones causing the disasters? And that they just so happened to be on the scene of the incident to save the day? Like how they just happened that they were just there when Savox was just about to coincidentally be destroyed?

Commander Zero:

It could well be, Steve. But we've had no tangible evidence to suggest it was them. And considering we have no trace of their movements at all from our satellites, we haven't seen them rushing to any uncharted areas where life-saving heroics are needed. But the accounts of the people they've saved tell a different story. 

Dr. Venus:

Can we try to contact their people and try to put our worries to rest?

Commander Zero:

We have, Venus. But we've had no luck. In this article, they express that they have changed their war-like ways and will be putting their technology and vast science into better ways.

Steve Zodiac:

That's exactly what they said to us.

Commander Zero:

Following the disaster of the destruction of the planet Savox, the Subterrains have publicly stated that they intend on resolving the crisis at hand regarding the conflict between the original Savoxians settlers; the Slumpas and Rimpas...