50 - Storm (1)

Lillian’s POV

The next day, on Saturday, I helped my parents pack their bags to go on a vacation for their anniversary. Luke and I booked them for the weekend to enjoy in L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. It’s a five-star luxury hotel in Beverly Hills around half an hour’s drive from West Hills.

Mom always talked about that place and showed us articles about it. Luke and I have been saving for it for a very long time and we finally got them this year.

“My kids are so precious!” Mom pulled me into a tight hug and sobbed.

“Stop crying Mom.” I giggled and patted her back. “Just have fun.”

“Of course, I will!” We burst out laughing and let go of each other.

“Close the doors and check them before leaving the house,” Dad instructed, and I bobbed my head.

“And don’t stay late at home. Leave for Chloe early.” Mom clasped my face. “And take care of yourself.”

Mom didn’t want to leave me alone at home, but I assured her it won’t be a problem. I’ll be spending the night at Chloe’s house, so I won’t be alone.

“I’ll be fine Mom. Now go.”

I stood at the door and watched my parents leave. Mom furiously waved as the car drove away. Chuckling, I waved back till the car disappeared and locked the door.

I worked on my homework and some assignments that were given last week and I couldn’t do them before because of my makeup exams. I finished them in the evening and got ready to leave for Chloe’s house.

I was packing stuff for the night in my school bag because I didn’t have any other when I heard thunder and abruptly the rain began pouring. I glanced through my window and groaned when I saw it was storming outside.

It was predictable for the rain to happen, but I wasn’t expecting a downpour this soon. I placed my bags inside my wardrobe again and picked up my phone to call Chloe.

“Hey, Lilly! Have you seen the crazy storm outside?”

“Yeah,” I whispered and sat on my bed with crossed legs.

“Wait... Where are you? Have you left your house?”

“I was about to, but it began raining.” I sighed. “I don’t think I can come for a sleepover now.”

“Don’t say that.“ She whined. “I prepared everything for us and you were supposed to tell me about the dinner last night and I wanted to tell you about Louis, but this stupid weather.”

“We can talk about it on Monday.” I chuckled.

“Or... Since you can’t cycle. I can drive to your house!” she exclaimed.

“It’s dangerous to drive outside-“ I almost jumped when I heard a loud boom. “Yeah, no driving.”

“Fine.” She sighed in disappointment. “Will you be alright alone?”

“I’m a big girl Chloe.” I teased her.

“Right.” She giggled. “But you know I can’t wait till Monday! Tell me now, please.”

“Alright. I’ll check the house and then call you back.”

“Perfect!” she squealed and hung up.

Laughing at my friend, I went to the bathroom and changed into my grey shirt and trouser then went downstairs to check the windows and doors. After locking them, I ascend the stairs to my room and the lights went out.