31 - Singletines (1)

Lillian's POV

"One more."

"Here." I passed the blue balloon to Toby as he stood on the stool and tape them on the door frame.

It was Sunday afternoon, and we were at Louis's house helping him with the decorations for the Singletines party. Chloe and Louis had been working out on it the whole week and they were taking it seriously... More than their classes. We had a lot of assignments and quizzes to do in the past week and it was hectic, so Toby and I also helped them.

It was cute to watch them getting worked up and wanting the party to be the best. Chloe and Louis turned out to be an incredible team. On Friday, they distributed the invitations to every single student in West High and it surprised me to see a lot of them while others were busy asking out for dates.

The thought of Andrew asking me out flashback in my head. I was stunned when I saw a note and he came from behind. At first, I thought it was a joke but turned out he was as serious as a heart attack.

Never in my life, did I imagine Andrew Pierce asking me to be his Valentine.

Mom put some ideas in my head after I came back from his house in his black shirt. Even though I told her a hundred times that nothing happened, she was thrilled and bet that he'll ask me out, but I dismissed the idea like the others.

But mothers are always right.

When I told my mom that I said no to him, she was mad and said I was a fool and should have given him at least a chance, but what was the use of it? I didn't want to end up like other girls on his list.

I said no because I was being realistic. It'll never work out for us in long term and I wasn't interested in one-time things.

"Lillian!" I jerked back from my thoughts and looked up to see Toby scrutinizing me. "I've been calling your name for a while. Where are you?"

I didn't tell Chloe, Toby, or anyone else about it. Mom was enough.

"I'm here," I mumbled, and gave him another balloon.

It was around three, and the party timings were six. We have been working since the morning. Chloe was in charge of food and drinks. Louis did the lighting and music work with the DJ while they gave Toby and me balloons and ribbons for decorations.

"Are you alright?" Toby asked, getting off the stool. "You look distracted since Friday."

"Nothing." I shrugged. "Just tired..."

"You can tell me anything Lilly." He said, looking skeptical of my behavior. "I'm here for you."

"I know." I forced a smile, but it didn't work.

"Alright, we are done!" Louis announced, grinning. "Let's take a break and then get ready for the epic party of the year!"

We nodded and Toby and I walked into the guest room Louis gave us to get ready. Louis's house was like Chloe's and after spending a lot of time with them, it did not surprise me when I saw the size of his house. It was built around the trees but was modern in every detail.

 It was built around the trees but was modern in every detail