52 - Coming out

Lillian's POV

After the mess, Toby and I sat in my living room, staring at nothing in particular. We both were wrapped in our thoughts of what happened. I wasn't sure what was going to take place between me and Andrew.

Until Ben tells him, he won't believe us, and as for Ben. He and Toby broke up because Ben still doesn't have the guts to come out.

Blowing a breath of frustration, I got from the couch and picked up the Lily flowers. They were crushed, but I wouldn't throw them away. This was the first time Andrew brought me flowers, and I wondered how he knew they were my favorite.

I walked to the kitchen and picked a glass jar from the cabinet, then filled it with water. Settling the flowers in it, I placed the jar in the middle of the dining table and gazed at them.

"You know what?" Toby rushed into the kitchen. "Let's f**k these boys and have fun."

"What?" I frowned.

"I know perfectly what will cheer our moods." Toby gave a tight smile and walked to the refrigerator. "Ice cream."

He picked out the only oreo cookie ice cream in it and grinned at me. Nodding my head, I picked out two spoons, and we walked back into the living room.

I sat on the couch while Toby searched for a movie for us to watch and stopped on 'Love, Simon'. I didn't know if it was the right choice to watch considering the crisis, but I said nothing.

I paid little attention to the movie as I kept staring at the ice cream. Even the ice cream reminded me of the moment I shared with Andrew after Nate's party.

Andrew has always been there for me and he cares for me so much. It hurts me to see him like that and I feel powerless knowing I couldn't do anything about it. I need to do something, but I'm sure what.

The movie was almost ending when my parents came home. They were surprised to see Toby, and I told them he stayed the night with me. They were happy to know I wasn't alone at home. After that Toby left bidding farewell to my parents. Mom asked him to stay for dinner but he refused, saying he was exhausted and needed to prepare something for tomorrow's school.

Later at night when I was having dinner with my parents and mom asked me about the flowers. I told them Andrew got it and kept the remaining drama to myself. Mom knew something was wrong and I couldn't tell her.

I wanted to burst out my feelings to my mother and tell her everything so she could help me with the situation, but I had my hands tied.

I excused myself and lumbered to my room, then plopped on my bed. Staring at the ceiling, I think of the ways I could talk to Andrew without lying to him or telling him the truth, but I came up with nothing.

Picking up my phone, I looked at the text Chloe sent me in the morning and couldn't help but burst out crying. It was the picture of Andrew and me that Chloe clicked when I was going to his house for dinner.

'Forgot to send you this before. The way you two are looking at each other is so adorable! You two are in love! 😍'

Love?

I don't know about Andrew, but I sure am in love with him.

~•~ • ~•~ • ~•~

The next day, I got up to get ready for school. My eyes were puffy and red from all the crying, and my face was a little swollen. I didn't want to go, but I had no choice.

I needed to submit my assignments and homework as it was the last day and I couldn't take any risk after almost failing my classes.

Few grey clouds covered the sky but didn't hide the sun shining in the middle. I looked at the damage the storm caused in my neighborhood and saw a few trees ripped, but worse.