14 - After-party

Lillian's POV

"We could let our friends crash in the living room
This is our place, we make the call
And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all..."

I sunk into the passenger seat and Ben groaned as he drove towards the diner. Madeleine and Chloe played songs and all they've been doing was playing the romantic ones.

"Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Lover!"

They screamed together from the back seat. Ben scrunched his face, and the poor boy looked confused. I squeezed my eyes shut and leaned my head on the car window.

I knew what Chloe was up to, but I couldn't believe that Madeleine was also interested in romantic songs. When I asked Chloe to come with us, she was ecstatic and it was written all over her face. First, I thought she would sit with Louis, but she surprised me when she agreed with Ben and so did Madeleine when she announced to come with us.

I distracted myself by observing Ben's car interior. It was a black Range Rover and was beautifully designed.

I was gawking at the car when I first saw it and didn't realize Madeleine and Chloe sat in the back, leaving the passenger seat for me

I was gawking at the car when I first saw it and didn't realize Madeleine and Chloe sat in the back, leaving the passenger seat for me. And now I know why they did it.

"Hey, Ben! Look there's a gas station!" Madeleine abruptly leaned forward and pointed in front.

"So?" Ben's brows furrowed.

"You need to refill your gas." I peeked towards the meter and saw it half-filled.

"I don't need a refill, Maddie." Ben rolled his eyes.

"Yes, you do." She flopped back and crossed her arms. "What if we get stuck on the way to your after-party?"

"We won't-"

"Just get the f**king gas!" Madeleine cut him, shouting, making us flinch.

"Fine, you damn crazy woman!" Ben looked at her bewildered and parked near the gas station.

"Fill it completely and take as much time as you want." Madeleine sweetly smiled at him and shooed him by waving her hand.

Ben gave her a deadpan look and grabbed his wallet. Cursing her under his breath, he got out of the car, and as soon as the door closed, Madeleine sighed.

"Thank God he's gone."

"Yeah..." Chloe nodded and fanned her face. "I could feel the tension in the air."

"I know, right!" Madeleine jerked towards her. "I seriously feel like a third wheeler."

"Me too." Chloe sighed. I rotated in my seat and gave them a blank stare. But they were already busy staring at each other with bugged eyes.