9 - Party time (3)

^^Chloe Russell

Andrew’s POV

After fussing over Brittany with Maddie, we separated and I searched for Brittany to make sure she wasn’t doing anything nasty out of anger. I walked out of the living room to the foyer and found Brittany with Tiana talking to Marco. My brows knitted in confusion as I strode towards them.

Marco wasn’t the guy anyone should talk to. Why? Because he’s in some kind of gang business and was a drug addict. When his parents found out about him they sent him to rehab and he was better when he came back but there are still signs that he might be in contact with them.

Some said he’s dealing drugs now and if he is I don’t want him around my friends. No one has any proof, but it’s better to stay safe than to be sorry.

When they saw me coming, they stopped whatever they were talking about, making me suspicious.

“Sup, dude.” Marco patted my shoulder as he walked away.

“Nothing much,” I mumbled, and watched him leave the house. I turned towards Brittany and Tiana, who avoided eye contact with me. “Why was he here?” I inquired.

“Don’t know.” Brittany waved her hand in dismissal. “Let’s go inside.”

They started walking, but I grabbed Brittany’s arm to stop her. “Why were you talking to him?” I asked again.

“I told you nothing-“

“You know that guy is dangerous, Brittany.” I snapped. “You shouldn’t even go near him.”

“I know, Drew.” Brittany patted my cheek and gave me a toothy grin. “And I’m old enough to take care of myself. You don’t need to worry about it.”

“Brittany-“

“He was just asking to come to the party, and I said no, that’s all.” She said, ending the conversation. I glimpsed at the door, still not convinced.

“What’s going on in your head, B?”

The smile on her face fell. “Why do you all think worse of me?” She grumbled and walked away with Tiana. I sighed.

She’s right. I shouldn’t doubt her like that. It’s all Maddie’s fault.

“I’m sorry,” I said, grabbing her arm again. “I was just worried about you. Everyone knows about that guy and...” Brittany exhaled loudly, looking uninterested. “I’m sorry it’s wrong of me to assume worse of you.”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes and pouted. “It won’t be the first time.”

I bit the inside of my cheek, feeling guilty. “How about we play some games?” I suggested.

Everyone knows Brittany loves games.

She side glanced at me then tapped her chin thinking. I bit my grin as I watched her acting, knowing she was going to yes.

“Alright.”

“I’ll go gather everyone,” Tiana smirked at Brittany and went inside the living room.

“I’ll go get beers,” I said and Brittany nodded her head, striding towards the hall.

I sauntered through the living room and entered the kitchen, but halted in my steps when I saw Lillian and Nate. I bent my head in confusion when I saw them standing close to each other and how red Lillian's face was.

What the f**k?

Why the hell are they standing so close, and why the hell is she blushing like that?