I gulped in as much air as possible before i was pulled by a severe coughing fit. My throat was burning, i could feel tear gathering at the corner of my eyes as my lips wobbled. Saliva dropped down my chin while i was tangled up in harsh breathing and coughing. I was scared and hurt. I still don't know how to escape them.

Leaning on all my fours, i heaved a sigh. I felt like throwing up, my throat was feeling so scratchy that the coughing didn't stop. I was once again pulled up by my hair. It hurts.

"Now, tell us where that fucking locket is" i surrendered. I just wanted to get away from them, from this house. I want to go somewhere safe. Still breathing hard, i clutched my neck to somehow ease the pain before taking a step towards the staircase.

I can't help but feel pathetic. I was going to give them something that costed my sister her life, i am going to willingly give a atom bomb in bad hands. Their intentions aren't pure.

Taking small steps I reached the top and opened Layla's room. I placed both the necklace in her wardrobe, they were hers in the first place.

"Can you..ple-please not come..inside" i asked them. I don't want their filthy personalities to enter Layla's pure abode. I don't want them even breathing in this direction. John glared at me before pushing me away and entering the room, Ted following after him.

"Give it to us" i slowly walked towards Layla's wardrobe and opened the door. I hid the lockets in the very back of the closet. While reaching deeper, i saw a broken hanger on the left side. Without thinking anything i pulled it closer to the edge before taking both the boxes out.

One has the locket and the other the key. John's eyes practically sparkled like a Christmas tree, when he saw the boxes in my hands.

"Ted" he pushed me towards the other guy before taking the boxes from my hand. I quickly grabbed the hanger and hid it behind my back.

"There it is, now I can become a billionaire" John started to laugh like a maniac. His laugh was scary and haunted.

"We can John, we can" Ted said. I was looking for the perfect opportunity to aim and fire. My fingers clutched the weapon of my choise. John opened the box and took the necklace out.

Ted was busy looking at what was happening, so taking that as an opportunity. I swirled in his arms and stabbed his shoulder from the sharp side.

"You stupid hoe! " Ted screamed in pain. His shoulder was bleeding badly.

"What the fuck" John's eyes widened when he looked at his friend bleeding. I quickly took that as my chance to snatch the necklace and run. My mind was yelling at me to just go..go..go but i couldn't leave something so important here.

Before i could touch the box someone pulled at my hair and yanked me back, I hit the floor, hard. My knees took the most impact so it was difficult to stand. I tried to steady myself on wobbly feet but it was getting harder and harder by each passing second.

"Did you really thought we're easy to take down?" John was practically red. His face was dangerous. I gulped when he raised his foot and kicked me on my bad knee.

A scream tore past my lips when another came on my other knee. The pain was unbearable, it felt like he cracked my bones. Taking large gulps of air, i tried to endure the pain but couldn't. My body was trying to shut down, i was tired.

"Please...just lea-leave me..please" i couldn't help but sob, i was hurting, my legs were hurting really bad. I can't even move my legs.

John started laughing. "You're exactly like how boss described you. Pathetic" he crouched down to my level before cupping my chin painfully. He pulled my face up.

"Do you know who our boss is?" His face came closer, i closed my eyes, trying to keep my breathing in control. My eyes searched for something that could help, somthing that will get me out of this situation. When in the reflection of the mirror i saw a vase right behind me, on my right side.

I want to get out. I want to leave here.

"Have you ever heard the name Dawson before?" My eyes snapped open. Dawson? That's Kylie's last name.

"Rings any bell?" He raised his eye brows. I stayed silent. I can't speak, i can't think. I can't do anything. My mind was completely shut from the information he just shared.

"Nevermind, we got what we needed" he stood up to leave but before he could i took the vase on the night stand and slammed it against his head. My hands were trembling from doing something so cruel.

Both the guys were injured which only meant that i have a chance to escape from her. So i stood up from the help of the table and limped towards the closet. The lockets were in my pockets and i was finally going to out.

But John grabbed my ankle and i fell down once again, i was panting from the stabbing pain in my knees. It almost felt like my kneecaps are shattered, I kicked his hands while crawling back and out of the room.

Ted tried to stand but fell down almost immediately, i once again stood up from the help of the wall and walked forward. I know it's just a matter of time until they both come after me but i need to leave.

I pick up my pace, my knees were burning and head hammering. I felt like I'm going to die. I was descending the stairs when i heard footsteps and i took off.

Forgetting about my legs I ran, I ran as fast as i could to get out of this house. I opened the front door and ran out. The night air was fresh and i never appreciated the air before. It colled me down which helped with the difficulty I was feeling while breathing.

"Fucking stop" i heard from behind. They were gaining in on me. My legs wobbled as i ran, i turn around to see how far I've come. Suddenly, i was struck with bright lights. I knew what was going to happen, i am going to die and before i could take another step. I felt a sharp pain in my legs and stomach before everything went black.

__________

Helle lovelies,

I hope you all have a lovely day. What do you think of the chapter? Out Miliani has been hit by a car. Who do you think it will be?

I hope you like the chapter.

Please comment and vote ❤️

Until next time.