42 • Unexpected Twist •

❝Waqt ki ret pe kuch mere naam saLikh ke chhod gaya tu kahaan❞

Waqt ki ret pe kuch mere naam sa
Likh ke chhod gaya tu kahaan

Anahita sat silently, her vacant eyes staring into oblivion. The voices of women around her were muted to her ears. They applied uptan on her arms and legs, while one of them massaged her scalp with hair-oil. The only thing that ran in front of Anahita's eyes was the retreating figure of Asif; teary-eyed. His words - Dooset daaram, Anahita, reverberated in her ears. Her heart carried the pain of her failed love that these giggling ladies knew nothing about. Some might shrug her heart-break as an infatuation that she will get over with. Anahita knew she wouldn't.

Apart from shattered dreams, the harrowing part was living out the dream she had seen, but with a cruel twist. Anahita's tears had dried up, and she didn't move except for what the women-folks made her do. As they readied her for the wedding, one of the lady held her hand to slide off her gold bangle. In a flash, Anahita grabbed her wrist, making her wince. The lady looked up and met her glare. She noted her head movement side-ways and left the bangle as it is, making the bride-to-be wear red bangles along with it.

Anahita won't let anyone touch her bangles and the blue sapphire ring.

"Anahita Agarwal, will you marry me?"