36 • A Mother's Fear & Care •

❝ Aankhon kiSharmohaya

Aankhon ki
Sharmohaya... maaf ho

Tumhein dekhke jhukti hain
Uthi aankhein jo baat na keh sakin

Jhuki aankhein wo.. Kehti hain

Aankhon ki

Aankhon kiGustakhiyan.. maaf hoon

Anahita was in a relatively better mood returning from the temple. She and Suraiya chit-chatted. Mostly, the young girl spoke. In the Haveli, at the end of the stairs, she almost dashed into Asif. He was ready in his Vakil Sahab uniform, with his books and papers pressed against his waist.

"Oops!"

"Oh, lucky I dashed into you." He commented, tugging his flowing coat, - "Now, my case will go excellent." He winked at her.

Hey Bhagwan!- Anahita blushed, looking away. Suraiya let out a muffled giggle. Asif looked at her and ushered her away.

Then he climbed a step down, standing in front of Anahita. She kept a shy smile, clenching the pooja thali in her hand.

"Um,"- she licked her dry lips and looked up at him - "You are going for a tough case, right? You mind if I do a small tilak on your forehead. It will give you good luck."

"Sure." He pulled aside the hair off his forehead, - "I am bathed, and I am also in ablution. So, I am super clean."

Anahita hesitated, - "Is it allowed in court?"

"A small tilak doesn't harm anyone." He bowed his head a little and encouraged her.

She smiled, then dipped her finger in some vermillion and carefully placed a small faint dot on his forehead.

He breathed, leaning back, and grinned at her.

Anahita lowered her gaze, - "All the best."

Asif leaned closer. She instantly panicked and looked around. He glanced around as well, then held her arm and pulled her to the side- under the staircase.