25 • Friendly concern or...more •

After returning to the room, now Anahita fell asleep almost instantly

After returning to the room, now Anahita fell asleep almost instantly. She enjoyed a peaceful slumber.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on

And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss

Sweetheart, I ask no more than this

A kiss to build a dream on

- A Kiss to build my dream on- 1951 Louis Armstrong

Warm rays of sun gently caressed her face, stirring Anahita in her sleep. She turned towards the wall and softly opened her eyes. A subtle sleepy smile crept up her lips as she watched her dream play out in front of her. She admired him as he peacefully slept next to her. But a distance between them irked her and so she shifted closer until their faces were inches away. His eyes flickered open, tilting his head their gaze met and they shared a smile.

"Good morning, my love." He gently stroked her cheek.

Anahita smiled, lowering her eyes, - "Good morning, Asif!" She looked up into his eyes. He blinked at her, stretched his arms, turning on his back. Anahita moved, resting her head on his chest, and closed her eyes. Her palm resting over his heart, she felt his beating heart and the calmness radiated to her as well. Asif kissed the top of her head.

Out of shyness, Anahita quickly covered her face with both her hands. Asif turned to his side and leaned forward, carefully moving her hands.

He shifted and held her chin. With his gaze on her, Anahita closed her eyes and her smile widened a little.

"Phul gul shams o qamar saare hī the

par hameñ un meñ tumhīñ bhaaye bahut"

"Oh ho!" Anahita smirked at him, then she moved her arm, placing half her weight over him.

When I'm alone with my fancies

I'll be with you weaving romances