8 • Charismatic Stranger •

Asif was surprised as Nausheen gushed about Anahita's photography skills and her love for cameras

Asif was surprised as Nausheen gushed about Anahita's photography skills and her love for cameras. All this while, Anahita was bashful because all these praises in front of Asif were embarrassing for her. She was pleasantly taken aback when he requested she took his photo as well.

Anahita gulped, feeling excited and nervous to show off her skills. Her hands trembled as she fumbled to steady the camera. She glanced up, Asif flashed a smile with a thumbs-up. His dimpled smile distracted her heavily, but she managed to click a couple of his portraits, followed by a few clicks of the siblings together.

"It will take a few days to clean the reel and—"
"Give me one photo and you can keep the rest," Asif responded with excitement gleaming in his eyes, and in a jolly tone.

"Why?" Anahita asked with an inquisitive gaze on him.

"Because when I am gone, you can have a reminder of me." He added, and Anahita was still confused. Perplexed, she threw a look at her friend. Taking the cue, Nausheen explained about her elder brother staying in Lucknow for his internship under the best Barrister there.

A strange disappointment sank into her. But soon, Anahita was distracted when Nausheen secretly handed her a few Mills and Boon books. She promised it will make Anahita crave romance and it will bring some sparks in her life.

Anahita thanked her and her cousin who send the books from England.

Iravati heard chatters and laughing voices from the living room and changed her track from the garden to the living room. It wasn't a complete surprise to find the girls having cold fruit juice with Asif and Prathuman, who enjoyed hot tea. Iravati noticed Asif and Anahita passing glances at each other, and this irked her. She cleared her throat and walked into the living room. By excuse, she asked for Anahita.

Asif looked at his sister and they mutually decided to leave as well. Iravati inhaled deeply, eyeing her daughter with furrowed eyebrows as Anahita led the siblings to the main entrance.

 Iravati inhaled deeply, eyeing her daughter with furrowed eyebrows as Anahita led the siblings to the main entrance