18 • Future Husband •

This time, when her mother ordered her to wear a saree, Anahita protested

This time, when her mother ordered her to wear a saree, Anahita protested. Instead, she chose an emerald puff, full-sleeved salwar suit with a matching bandini dupatta. She disliked putting on make-up and asked Dhani to apply minimally. Iravati tended to her daughter's hair. She combed her hair, letting the flowing tresses free, placing half on her shoulder and resting on her back.

She understood her mother's intention of making her presentable for Daamodar.

The Chauhan's gave Anahita the option to decide the place for their meet-up. So, in Iravati's book, they were already labeled as liberal.

Anahita chose the public library for the meeting. Their driver drove her to the destination. She stepped down and found a young man oddly dressed in an English suit at the top of the stairs to the library. He held a bouquet of roses and looked around with curious glances.

Anahita was relieved that the salwar suit was okay-ish for the library visit but wearing elaborate and heavy green beaded chand-baali earrings made her look like a fool. So, she had plucked them out and left them in the car. Also, she tied her hair in a loose braid.

Anahita purposefully walked past him, giving a small tap on his shoulder. Alerted, he began to actively look around. She turned and giggled, fixed her expressions, and strolled casually towards her favorite section in the library. On her way, she paused and returned to the entrance again. Daamodar was still standing there, agitatedly checking his pocket watch. For a moment, she felt bad for the man. He was a decent-looking dusky man with an average height. The suit that he wore looked classy and imported. He was trying his best to impress her. But—

Anahita huffed, sitting on a bench from where she could see Daamodar. She randomly picked up a book but kept a watch on him. A moment later, she heard someone clear their throat behind her, but she ignored them. Then there was a gentle tap on her shoulder. Quickly, she turned around; slightly rising from her seat. Anahita blinked at Abhaiveer.

"Hello! How are you?" He spoke in a casual tone. Anahita glanced at Daamodar and then at him. He too looked in the direction and then back again to her.

"Is someone troubling you?" He raised an eyebrow.

Anahita shook her head. She didn't want to tell him about her personal life.