C H A P T E R ~ S I X T Y - T W O

MARINETTE POV:

As I was swinging through the streets of an unfamiliar city, I decided that after traveling for, what I'm guessing, hours, I found a secluded roof hidden away from the rest of the bustling city. Once I landed, I took out my yo-yo and checked my location. My eyes widened when I saw that I was only in Caen, that's only half way!

I dragged my hands down my face in frustration that I spent only two fucking hours since I left and it was already four! If I was going to keep this pace up, I would barely make the start of the Gala!

"Tikki, Spots off." I sighed.

I felt my lightweight outfit was replaced my heavy gown. Tikki was panting, and I reached into my dress pocket, and pulled out a macaron I snagged from the bakery this morning and handed it to her. She happily took it and stuffed it in her mouth, enjoying the cookie.

"Thank you Marinette! That was quite tasty!" She complimented, swallowing the last of the cookie.

I completely ignored the flattery she gave a gave the city in front of me a determined glare, "Tikki, if we're going to make this, I'm gonna have to push myself." I explained Turing my gaze to her, "You're gonna be pushed with me, so I need to make sure you'll be safe if I go as hard as I am."

She nodded, "I'll be fine Marinette!" She reassured, puffing out her chest.

My determination faltered for a second as I giggled at he mellow dramatic pose, "O-okay, let's get going it we want to make it in time for the appetizers!" I warned.

 She gasped and frantically nodded, "Tikki, Spots on!" I shouted.

She was sucked into my earrings, and I was soon my alter ego. I checked my route to make sure I would be going the right way, and then took off.

Please let me not be late!

Again...

~Time Skip~

After a few more hours of swinging, I felt like my fucking limbs were gonna fall off my body if I didn't stop to take a rest soon! I decided that for both my sake and my kwami's sake, we would take one more brief stop before to get some energy so that we weren't exhausted at the party.

I was looking around for a private roof or alley way, until I saw green and red strobe lights beaming through the sky on top of a cliff, separated from the rest of Saint-Malo. I had a feeling that that was where I was supposed to be, and zipped through the streets until I reached the bottom of the cliff.

I glanced around to see if there was a good place to transform. I smiled when there was a big semi truck that was about twenty feet away. I weaved through the workers that were setting up the venue, which I found to be a little odd since it was almost time to start. When I was securely hidden behind the truck, I took out my yo-yo and stole a quick glance at the time.

My eyes widened in pure and utter shock, "It's only 5:00?" I whispered to myself, trying to process the fact that I was a whole fucking hour early.

I must've really pushed myself, much more then I needed to looking back on it, but nevertheless, I am here early which rarely ever happens, so I'll take this small victory with pleasure. It suddenly occurred to me that Tikki needed rest, badly

I quickly de-transformed, and she fell into my cupped hands, super pale and struggling to keep her eyes open, "H-hey Marinette..." she weakly greeted.

I slightly smiled at her, "Hey, thanks for helping me get here." I expressed.

"Anytime Marinette..."

"Hey, you'll be happy to know that we not only made it on time, but we got here an hour early!" I happily informed my exhausted kwami.