C H A P T E R ~ T W E N T Y - F O U R ~ P A R T : T W O

~Still flashback~

I looked at her, at the gum, and back at her, "I-I swear, it's not w-what it looks like!"

She just rolled her eyes, "I can't believe this! It's the first fucking day, and I'm already getting picked on!" She got a tissue, and placed it over the chewing gum, "Your friends with Chole, aren't you!"

"Is that a bad thing?" I mumbled quietly.

I gained enough courage, and met my eyes with hers, "Look, I didn't-" "Save it Blondie, I don't want to hear your bullshit!" she exclaimed.

My eyes widened, but slowly relaxed in a hurt position. I made my way over to an empty seat, next to a boy with a red baseball cap and headphones draped around his neck. I just stood there, wondering if the seat was taken, when the boy asked, "Hey, are you just gonna stand there, or..."

My face lit up, and I quickly sat down.

"So, you're friends with Chloe, huh?" he asked.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I asked, a genuinely confused and bit hurt.

He looked at me, dumbfounded at what came from my mouth, "M'dude, she's the school bitch! She makes everyone's life hell!"

I could definitely see where he was coming from...

"Maybe it's time for you to make some new friends." He held out his hand for me to shake, "The name's Nino!"

I smiled and shook his hand, "I'm Adrien!"

~Time skip~

After the school bell had just rung, I looked over to Marinette, who was packing up her stuff. She looked back at me, and rolled her eyes in disgust.

I let out a long, sad sigh, which Nino seemed to notice this, "Hey, if you want to make friends so bad, why don't you clear things up with Marinette about the gum incident this morning, dude?"

I let out another sigh, "I don't know, Nino. She hates me!"

He let out a soft chuckle, "I've known Marinette since we were little, we're like siblings! And Marinette might be a lot of things, but 'mean' and 'hate' aren't in her vocabulary...well, unless it's Chloe, then it's a whole different story...But that's besides the point!" He explained, clearing his head.

"The point is, if you explain to Marinette that the whole situation was a misunderstanding, She's sure to forgive you, M'dude!"

I smiled at him appreciation, "Thanks Dude!"

He patted my back in reassurance, "Anytime, Dude."

And with that, he took out his umbrella, and started to make his way down the steps, and away from the school. Soon, Marinette and I were the only two left.

She held her hand out in the rain, as if she were testing it. Oh! She must not have her umbrella!

I took out my umbrella and walked over to her.

"Hey!" I said softly, waving weakly at her.

She only huffed and turned away from me.

I let out a discouraged sigh, but took a deep breath and started to explain.

"Look, I know this morning was hectic and shitty, but I wasn't the one who put the chewing gum on your seat. Chloe thought it would be funny to have you sit on the gum, so she put it on there as a way to 'get back at you' or whatever. I was only trying to get the gum off."

I let out a sigh and continued, "This is my first time going to public school, and I was only trying to make friends, and I especially wanted to be friends with you! I hope we can put this simple misunderstanding behind us, and have a friendship."

I looked at her after my speech. She had a shocked look on her face, and I handed her the umbrella. My car was waiting for me, just down the stairs, and I don't know where she lived, but she needed it more than me.

Our eyes were locked on each other, before she doubled over in laughter. I looked at her confused, did I say something wrong?

Once she calmed down, she started to applaud, "Wow, great performance! I didn't know that you were as great of an actor as you are a model! Two for one! A package deal!" She exclaimed sarcastically.

I frowned, "Hey, I genuinely want to be your friend!"

"'I genuinely want to be your friend!'" She mimicked me, "An I genuinely do not care! You put gum on my seat, and embarrassed me in front of the entire class! It also doesn't bode well for you that you are best friends with the Devil herself! You were a bitch to me, and sorry not sorry, but we can never be friends, Blondie."

And with that remark, she walked off in the rain. She was drenched, but she didn't care! She could care less!

The grip on my umbrella tightened as I gritted my teeth. I thought we could build a friendship from this misconception between classmates, but she just had to go and assume the worst of me!

You better watch your back, Marinette, because I am going to make the rest of your life a living hell!

~End of flachback~

Oh, right... The gum fiasco...

I started to feel more uncomfortable holding Marinette in my arms. I made sure not to wake her up as I untangled myself, and got out of the bed. I opened the window and looked back at her sleeping figure one last time.

I needed time to let the re-opened wounds of the past heal, but I knew, deep down, that I wanted to see her again as soon as I was ready.

And with that thought, I jumped out of the window...

A/N

Hey hey Bugaroos! I hope that you liked the second part of the twenty-fourth chapter! I know that this one was a bit shorter than they usually are, but I feel like I said what needed to be said. Also, I'm so sorry for ruining the umbrella scene!

Please vote, comment, and share this book, and make sure to follow me, Bugaroo24!

Fact 28: I want to be in the travel industry when I'm older!

Love you all to bits my Bugaroos! MWAH!