Getting ready

(Zyair)

“Zy come on man, you promised.” My best friend Andrew Richardson whines as I got ready to go to work.

“For the love of everything holy, I said no, drew. What part of that don't you understand? The n or the o?” He grabs my tie from me, making me glare at him.

“Both. I only know yes. So you promised me you'd take me….” I held my hand up, stopping him from what he was about to say.

“I promised you I would, but then I changed my mind.” I snatched my tie from him and continued getting dressed as Drew pouted at me. He eventually stopped bothering me about it and left, so I guess he was in a bad mood now.

Drew wanted to me accompany him to a BDSM club and pretend to be his Dom just to get someone's attention. I've told him no over and over, but he's just too stubborn. I had to promise him I would take him just so he could back off. Yes, I was a Dom, but I wasn't going to pretend to be one with Drew. I wouldn't know how I would feel about that.

Today is my first day teaching. I wasn't nervous, I was more in control. Why should I be afraid of a number of hormonal teenagers? I take my job serious and if I had to show that I wasn't one to play with, then fine. I'll make their lives a living hell if they ever decide to test me.

Looking at myself once more, I can see why everyone was so attracted to me. I have wavy brown hair and brown eyes. When I smile, you can see the dimples I have on both cheeks. I needed to shave because I had a slight five o'clock shadow, but I'll do it when I have the time.

Grabbing my satchel, I made sure to re-check to see if I had everything before leaving. I then made my way towards the kitchen, where drew was already making breakfast, still sporting a pout.

“Breakfast will be done soon. Coffee is ready, so you can get yourself some.” I sighed and put my satchel down, then made my way towards him. He wasn't even looking at me, which proves my point that he was angry. I embraced him from behind, which had him freezing before relaxing.

“Drew, you know that I would do anything for you. You live here with me, rent and bills free. I even make sure you have food to last you a lifetime. My friendship with you means a lot to me. I don't want to lose thirteen years of friendship with you over something so silly.” He sighed and turned around to face me.

“I'm sorry Zy. I just didn't know what else to do. I was relying on you to take me there because you're a Dom and all, so I didn't see the problem there.” I nodded my head in understanding before moving away from him to get my morning fix. Pouring myself some coffee, I turned back to Drew, who went back to making breakfast.

“Tell you what. It's Monday and you don't have to go until Friday. Maybe I'll change my mind by then. I know that I promised you before, but I was thinking it over and wasn't sure if it's the right thing to do or not. I need a sub, yes, but it wouldn't be you sorry.” He turned around and started smiling. There, that's the Drew I love to see.

I admit that I spoiled him a lot, but I just can't help it. He's been through a lot before, losing his parents to a car accident just last year and finding out that his partner of five years was cheating on him would take a toll on anyone.

I remembered it like yesterday when drew came running to me with tears in his eyes. Telling me that he caught his boyfriend Derek in bed with someone else and that Derek kicked him out. It was the day after he found out that his parents were dead. Life can be cruel sometimes, right?

He's only twenty-four, and I'm twenty-three, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to take care of him. That and the fact that he's been placed on a suicidal watch for sometimes, but now he's alright, thanks to me, of course. I had to make sure that he was happy, no matter what.

“Are you sure you'd think about it? That would mean so much to me!” Drew shouted and I nodded my head.

“Yeah I'm certain.” He was about to run up to me when he remembered the eggs he was frying and stopped. It's a good thing he didn't burn it this time. When he was done, he handed me a plate and took one up for himself.

“Here eat, you must be starving. What time do you have to get to work?” Drew asked as he looks at his watch.

“Around seven thirty. I want to make sure I'm on time.” Drew nodded his head as he started eating as well.

“I'm still trying to go job hunting.” He mumbles to himself, but I heard it and became tensed. Putting my fork down, I looked at him to see if he was serious, but he wasn't looking at me, since he had his head down while playing with his food.

“You can't be serious.” I replied, not liking the idea at all.

“Of course I'm serious. You know that I've been searching for a job ever since I left college, but I don't have such luck. I can't always depend on you, Zy, no matter how good you are to me.” I sighed and shook my head. Downing the rest of the coffee before standing up.

“I'm not liking that at all, so get that thought out of your head. I'm the one who's taking care of you and even if you find a significant other, I'll still be taking care of you financial wise. Just be glad that I have rich parents and that my grandparents were kind enough to leave me a large sum of money.” By large, I meant three billion dollars.

My grandparents were owners of one of the most successful businesses here in Berkeley, California. The company is called Galactique odyssey. A lab where they study everything that has to do with astronomy.

They wanted me to take over, but I refused. I hated everything about planets and stars but my sister, on the other hand, wanted the position so bad it affected our relationship.

I haven't spoken to her for months now, which didn't sit well with our parents. It wasn't my fault, though, Samantha was just greedy. Well, she got the CEO position at Galactique odyssey, and she's alright now.

“I'm going to get a job, even if it's doing something online from home. You can't stop me this time.” I sighed and shook my head at how stubborn Drew was. Ruffling his blond hair, I gave him a thumbs up before leaving. I would have to talk to him about this when I get home.