Miya?

Attending my mothers funeral was hard. she was my best friend, the only person I had that I was close to. a tear rolls down my face just seeing her casket. "its gonna be okay Miya." my older brother comforts me. "I'll be staying with my father. but auntie Leslie reached out to me." "I have to stay with her for the summer." I asked sniffling. "until I can get back on my my feet. I promise you can stay with me." I cried harder and gave my brother a tight hug. "I love you lil sis." my brother says ruffling my hair. my brother phone buzzes. "hold on, it's auntie Leslie." my brother pulls away. I wiped my tears and sighed. he answers the phone. "you're here." he asked looking back at me. "okay bye." he ends the call.

"she's here." he sighs. "call me as soon as you get there." I nodded. "alright, follow me. she said she was here. oh there she go." my brother pointed at a grey looking car. "hey baby." she smiled slightly. "i'm so sorry. come here." she said getting out her car. she then comes up to give me a hug. "where would you be staying Jay." she asked furrowing her eyebrows. "with my pops. until I can get back onto my feet. to get Miya back again." she nods. "its fine, you can stay as well." she offered. "nah its okay auntie. I already told my pops." "okay, stay safe baby." she planted a kiss on his cheek.

"alright get in Miya." she said. getting inside the car I saw Gia. "hey cousin." she smiled. "why don't you sit in the back seat with her." my auntie asks. Gia nods and makes her way to the back seat.

making our way to my auntie house. I decided to text my brother.

Jay 💙

Me: I made it

Jay💙: alr love u 🤙🏾

Me: love u too ugly

Jay💙: ik you ain't talking😂

Me: well obv i'm not. i'm texting u dummy😐

Jay💙: stfu aggy ass. and if I get a call that u being bad ima whoop yo ass

Me: what?! u can't do that. and auntie know I be good. so chill.

Jay💙: whatever kiddo. lmk if u need anything

Me: bet

"alrighty. we're here." she said putting the car into parking. getting out the car I just realized I didn't get any of my things. "auntie. I don't have clothes or anything." I huffed. "its fine. we can go shopping and you can borrow some of Gia's." "yeah, I don't mind Miya." she said. making our way inside the house I sighed. "Rue come say hi to your guest." I can hear Rue groan. "who did you invite mom." she yelled out loud. "if you come look. you'll know." she rolled her eyes. Rue makes her way into the living room and was shocked. "Miya?."