33. Friends

"Good afternoon sir." It's a female voice that I don't know and my eyes won't focus.

"Is he awake?" That was Jenny.

"He seems to be waking up."

"Just suck the blood tube man." That was Clark.

I try to lift my arm and it hurts. That's probably not good. I sit up slow and blink a few times.

I check at my arm and there is a tube running into it. It's got sandy colored liquid. It's not blood. The blood tube was just running into my mouth. "What?"

Jenny stares at it for a second. "I really have no idea what it is."

I shake my head, "Me either."

Jenny smiles. "We're in the werewolf medical building. They do things different than us. Bryan shipped us a bunch of the antidote. We got all the vampires healed." She gets sad, "That could be healed anyways."

My vision is finally starting to focus. "How many were lost?"

Clark answers right away. "We lost 8 Royal Guards and 1 Kings Guard. The werewolves lost 15. But sadly they can't regrow limbs. Quite a few arms and a couple legs were lost."

Jenny sits down beside me on the bed. "They heal almost as fast as we do and they're not affected by the poison at all. So they just needed recovery time. But yea, they can't regenerate limbs like we can."

"Where's Victor?"

"Next door. He was quite banged up too. He lost his arm again. The nurse is with him now."

"What time is it and how long was I out this time."

Clark checks at his phone. "About 1:30 pm. You've been asleep here since about 11 last night. I sent the royal guard that weren't badly injured home early this morning. Like 3am early. There just wasn't enough room to keep everyone here. I had to make some room. But the advisors are still here and all the Kings Guard. Those guys really are fucking stubborn."

I laugh a little bit. "Yes. Yes they are."

There's a light tap on the door and a female comes in. "Hi Alden, I'm the doctor here. My names Sara. I just want to make sure you're healing up ok."

Jenny and Clark both stand up. "We'll go check on Victor."

I nod.

"We're just next door. We'll be back in a few." Then Clark shuts the door behind him.

"You have great friends. They have been sitting in here with you since they brought you in last night. Poor things probably need some sleep. I don't think they had very good sleep in those hospital chairs."

She unhooks the sandy colored liquid. "There that should make your arm feel a little better."

"What was it?"

"It is like liquid nourishment. Instead of food and water we can send that in your arm. For werewolves, even when we're unconscious, we have to have nourishment. I assumed it was the same for your kind. I may be wrong. But it won't hurt you either way. It'll absorb in eventually. Can I have you lay on your back please? Good. And now turn towards me. Thank you."

She starts moving the gown.

"What?" 

"I need to check where the dagger went in. It got stuck in you pretty deep. It really did some damage. Not sure a werewolf could have lived through that." She pushes on my side a bit. "Good. I don't feel any hard areas this time. It seems it is all healed. May be tender for a few days though. Make sure you take it easy and report any pain there to your doctor at home."