24. Updates

"Hey Jenny. Any word on your parents yet?"

"Yes the Royal Guard has them. They're on there way here. They'll be here in like a week. I can finally breathe."

"Good. What are the servants getting in their rooms? I know you said a bed before. But anything else. We were watching them today and they're really in bad shape."

"They are starting out with a twin size bed, dresser, lamp, and alarm clock."

"Do you have any of it yet?"

"No. But I did put in the orders. Nothing will be delivered for another week though."

"Ok, I'm having a meeting for them at 5 in the ball room. I'm going to show them what they're getting and we're going to pass out some hygiene stuff. They need new clothes too. I'll let them pick the uniforms. They just need fixed now. They are in terrible shape."

"I agree. I'll make the list of the hygiene stuff and send a guard out for it."

"Awesome. I was thinking toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, comb... Just the basics for now. I don't really know what girls all need though. Probably better if you do the list."

"Yea, your list missed a lot. This is good though. I need something to do while I wait on my parents." She turns and walks off.

I look at the guards. "Can you guys go get a twin size bed, mattress, box springs, dresser, lamp, alarm clock, sheet set, pillow, blanket, blue painters tape, and the measurements for one of the servants rooms please?"

"No problem sir."

I go back up to the queens room and the doctor is just coming out.

"Good news Alden. The queens major gashes to her skin are healing perfectly now. Most are completely closed. A couple of the worse ones are still open. But they should close within a day or 2."

"Awesome, I'm glad she's doing good. Thank you doctor." I shake his hand like always. 

I go in and the queens servant is still there, "You been here all this time?"

"Yes, I was waiting on you to return sir. I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. I know you're doing your best. I also know that you would never hurt the princess. So, if you need to hold her hand or lay beside her sometimes I understand. As long as she is under the blankets and you are not." She points her finger at me for the last part.

I smile and shake my head, "I promise to not be under the blankets with her."

"Thank you sir. Good day."

"Oh wait. There is a meeting for all the servants at 5. You should be there. Going to pass out some hygiene stuff and show the beds everyone is getting. Dinner too."

"Thank you for informing me sir. I will be there as requested."

She leaves as Maggie comes in.

"Hi Maggie. Did Maddie go with Clark?"

She starts dusting stuff off, "Yes she did. She was so excited about the date."

"Um, I don't think you're a servant anymore. You don't have to clean."

She whips around and stares at me with big eyes, "What?"

"Well, your sister is going to be an advisors wife. That makes you a sister to an advisor. I really don't think you're a servant anymore."

"Well they're not married yet. And what am I supposed to do. All I've ever done is clean the castle. How do I... Where do I go? What do I do?" Tears are starting to fall out of her eyes.