35. The Hangover

-Ding-

I open my eyes and Annie is laying on me. We're both on the couch. I'm sleeping on my back and she's on her stomach all the way on top of me. I am her body pillow. I love this feeling. I rub my hand up her back and smile. This is amazing.

I reach over and pick up my phone off the coffee table. 5:30am. 

The message is from Clark. -Leaving at 6. I have your sword and bag. Just bring your ass.-

I put both my hands on her back and just start rubbing up and down nice and slow. I close my eyes and wish this didn't have to end so soon.

She wines a little bit and starts to wiggle.

Best feeling ever.

"I need to go sweetheart." I keep rubbing up and down her back. 

She wiggles around a little more. "Now? It's so early."

"Yea I need to catch the plane. I wish I could stay longer."

She sits up. "Where's my shirt?" 

"I don't know but I sure am enjoying the view." I put a hand behind my head and just watch her.

She blushes and reaches for her shirt. 

"Don't please." I pull her back down on top of me. "Not yet. I have a few minutes."

We lay here. me rubbing her back and her playing with my hair.

"I enjoyed last night."

"So did I."

-Ding-

I reach over and grab my phone 5:45. It's from Clark -Your ass is not here yet.-

I kiss her on the head and hug her. "I need to go now."

She takes a deep breath, gets up and puts her shirt on. Then she smiles at me with tears in her eyes.

"I don't have to go."

"Yes you do."

I get up and throw my clothes on. She's standing there staring at me. I go to her and put my lips back on hers. One last kiss. She tastes so good.

When we finally break apart she looks in my eyes. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too." I kiss her on the forehead. "I'm not going to be able to look back baby."

"I know... But you have to go now." She takes a deep breath. 

I know she's trying to hold back tears. I am too.

I kiss her on the cheek and walk out the door.

There's 2 guards standing on the porch and 2 more at the bottom of the steps.

I don't say anything. I lead them back to the front of the pack house. The cars are all lined up. I get in the first one I see. Clark and Victor get in with me. Borus jumps in the driver seat.

"You good bro?"

"Yea let's not talk."

Borus nods. "You boys drink a little to much last night?"

I look out the window towards Annie's house. I can't see it. "Yea, just a bit."

I lay my head back on the seat rest and stare at the ceiling.

Clark sits down beside me half way through the plane ride home. "Is this regret or something else man?"

He's actually concerned. I can tell by his face. "I wanted to stay with her." I stare out the window. "I would have if she would have let me stay."