8. Orientation

My alarm goes off at 6 and I hear another alarm in the apartment going off as well. Must be Clarks, no way Victor is getting up this early if he doesn't have to.

I stop the buzzing. I'm going to get a quick workout in this morning and then try to find some breakfast before the orientation. I brush my teeth and throw on some deodorant and my workout clothes.

"Morning." Clark is standing in the kitchen eating an apple.

"You want to work out in the gym this morning?" I ask, barely awake.

"Yea, let's head down and then we'll have time for breakfast before the meeting."

"Where is breakfast served?"

"It's at the cafeteria. 6-9:30 daily. If it's anything like dinner it will be a buffet." Clark ties his shoes and opens the door. 

"How was dinner at the cafeteria?" We get in the elevator.

"7 out of 10. It was decent. Burgers were good. French fries from a buffet wasn't the best idea. But they also had salad and dessert bars. Everything was clean and well stocked. Wasn't to many people there last night but people were talking about how the lunch line gets super long and some times the wait gets dumb. How was the dining room?"

"8 out of 10. Good food with big serving sizes. Had a really nice waiter. The art in the place was some of the best I've seen in awhile. They serve wine but limited to one glass. No real menu, just options on what they are making for the day."

"My key won't work. Try yours."

"Mine either. Maybe they're not activated until the orientation. Want to go for a run?"

We head out the entrance building and stretch a bit. "So, which way we going?" Clark's just looking around. "It's amazing how beautiful it is here. All the mountains and lakes everywhere."

"Should probably just stick to some of the roads, don't want to get lost and yea the scenery is amazing."

We take off down the road the bus came in on yesterday. After about 15 minutes we turn a corner into a little town and there are a couple of the kings police about 100 feet ahead. We both see them and jump beside a building before they see us.

"Did not expect to see them this morning." I wipe some sweat off my head.

"Yea I kind of forgot about them. I didn't think they would be this close to the school."

Just then one of the kings police pops their head around the corner of the building. "What is going on here?"

"I tripped on that curb." I point at it. "We just paused our run to make sure I wasn't injured."

"Well, are you injured?"

"No. I seem to be fine."

"Great. Now give me your student credentials." He demands. "You as well." He gestures towards Clark.

We both hand them over and wait.

"Wait here, I'm going to call the school and verify these."

I glance over at Clark who looks petrified. All he says is, "I think we can outrun him. We only have to make it back to the school."

I smile. "We don't have to try that yet. He's just checking our cards."

He comes back from around the corner with his partner and hands back our badges. "Everything's good. You should go back to the school now, we're getting ready to have a meeting here and not everyone is as nice as us." 

That comment kind of caught me off guard. "Ok thank you. We'll head back now. Have a good day."

He nods and Clark and I take off back towards the school quite a bit faster than we arrived.