26 Car sleep

Jenny starts to stretch a little bit. "What time is it?"

"4AM. We're almost back."

"Ugh, I can't sleep in this car anymore. How are the others doing?"

"They're all out."

She sits up and stretches. "Any ideas on what to do with the little guy?"

I watch him for a second and smile. He's sleeping all snuggled up beside me. "I think maybe sending him away to a human school is the way to go. He's to young to turn now and it's not going to be safe for him in the castle. 1 vampire going into frenzy would end him. He would be safer at a human place."

"I think you're right. I'll do some research on places today. We're going to have to get him some therapy or something first though. Poor kids been through a lot."

I reach over and rub his hair down. "Yes, he has." I realize there's blood on my fingers and try to wipe it off on my pants. "He also needs cleaned up. Kids got blood everywhere."

"Good thing I bought extra pajamas. I'll help him get cleaned up and give him a room up on our floor. Maybe send a guard out for a few toys and some kid snacks. You're going to have your hands full getting Clark in." She lets out a little laugh. 

"That I am." I glance out the window and see the lights for our castle. "We're home."

"Alright." She pushes on Victors shoulder. "Victor... Victor, we're here."

He stretches and groans a little bit. "Ok... Ah fuck. We're gonna have to carry that asshole in."

Jenny starts laughing. "Yes, you are. And don't ask me for help. I'm taking care of the little guy."

I pat Sam on the arm. "Hey Sam, we're here. Going to need to get up now."

"But I don't want to. I'm tired." He starts to cry. "I'm to tired."

Victor nods at me. "I'll take him. You get Clark."

I shake my head. "Nice try. But the kid has to get cleaned up before bed. He can't sit in old blood, dirt, and whatever else all this is."

Jenny moves over and puts her arm around Sam. "Hey Sam, we have to get you cleaned up ok. Then you can have fresh clean pajamas and a nice clean bed to sleep in. You don't want to sleep in all this yucky stuff right?"

He squirms a little bit and starts to whine again.

This just confuses her. 

I smile at her and Sam. "You can go shopping for toys and candy tomorrow. But only if you get cleaned up before bed. Deal?" 

"Ok. Deal. I'm awake."

I smile at Jenny. "Bribery. Works every time."

She laughs as we pull through the gate and up to the front doors.

Her and Sam take off the second we park. 

I stare at Clark. "How you want to get him out the car?"

Victor opens the door to get out. "I don't. Let's sleep here." 

"Very funny but I need my bed."

"You mean couch." Victor laughs at me. "Stand there and brace his head. I'll shove him from this side and then come over there and we can pull him out."

"Alright." I go to put the sword through my belt.

Thud

Clarks top half is laying on the ground in front of me and his legs are still partially in the car. "Man, I wasn't ready."