2. The Chosen One

I am eating. 

It's warm and juicy.  

It tastes amazing.  

It's smooth and silky going down my throat.

I can feel the warmth dripping down my chin.  

I am completely relaxed.  

My hands are holding the food.  

It is warm and soft and wet and... furry.  

"WHAT?!?" My eyes spring open and I look at my hands.  I am holding a dead rabbit.  "WHAT THE FUCK, WHY AM I EATING A RABBIT?"  I send it flying away from me.  

I look around for a towel, I have to get this blood off me.  But it's dark and I can't see well.  I run into a tree.  "What the fuck, what is happening?  Where am I?" 

I can't see anything.  I bend down and try to get the blood off my hands with the grass.  I take off my shirt and do my best to use the clean part to get the blood off my face.  Thank god it's summer or I would be freezing my ass off in only gym shorts.  

My eyes are starting to adjust a bit now and I can tell I'm in a woods.  There doesn't seem to be any lights in any direction.  "How did I get here?"  I say to myself.  Trying to figure out what is going on.

Well, I can't stay here, I guess I'll start walking.  I spin in a complete circle.  All directions appear exactly the same.  I never spent much time in the woods growing up and I really don't want to start now.  So, I'm going right.  It seems like a good choice...

After about 10 minutes of walking I come across a cabin.  It looks empty, no lights on, no noise coming from it.  No cars anywhere.  Definitely odd out here in the middle of nowhere but some people enjoy that sort of thing.   Maybe there is a phone in it I could use.  As I get closer, I realize this place is deserted.  No one has been here in many years.  The windows are broke out, big hole in the roof, the front door is hanging by one hinge.  The place is crumbling apart.  

I glance around outside a bit more and find a path that leads away from the cabin.  Figure I'll walk it, cause honestly where the hell else am I going to go?  

The path is a bit of a challenge.  It's still dark and there are big sticks laying everywhere that I keep tripping on.  I'm not in any pain, so that's good.  But I can't help but feel like I'm being followed.  I did the 'stop fast and see if you hear any other noise' thing.  But I didn't and I really can't shake this feeling of I'm not alone.

"Hello. Anyone there?"

Nothing...  

"I am loosing it." I laugh.

I start yelling at the top of my lungs "Of course I'm loosing it.  In the last 12 hours, I have tried to stop a gun man.  Got shot.  Died.  Woke up at my moms house.  Went back to sleep.  Woke up in the middle of the woods.  And ate a rabbit.  Sane people do not do this.  This is one very weird mental breakdown.  Or maybe it's a dream.  Hopefully I wake up soon because I am really starting to loose it."  I grab a stick off the ground and throw it as hard as I can into the woods. 

"Walking through the woods in the middle of the night yelling at myself.  With only half my clothes on."  I can't help but yell, "AAAHHHHHHH!"

"Oh look! A road!  Guess I'll go right again.  Or maybe I should lay down and go to sleep again... maybe I'll wake up at Mordor next time."  

"You really need to stop talking to yourself... Someone might think you're a crazy person."  Says the random grizzly bear looking man walking beside me who appeared out of no where.