3. oops

I run out as fast as I can. I have to follow that blood trail. This is not good.

It's a really short run.  The blood only goes 2 houses down. There I find my brother Victor and best friend Clark. They are sucking blood from the neighbors dog. I just stand there watching in horror as they come out of frenzy. They each in their own time realize what they are doing. And then they both vomit. They are very confused people.

"I'll explain everything once we all get cleaned up." This is about all I can say. This is a traumatic night for all of us. And we really need to clean all this blood up.

We went back to moms house. I get the hose and spray off the blood trail outside. It takes about half an hour of spraying water. But I'm satisfied with the results. No one will track the dog attack to this house. They will probably just think it's an animal attack anyways. The inside room is easier to clean up. There isn't much blood on the walls, and I just mop it off the floor quick.

By the time I got fixing the house, my brother is done cleaning up and Clark is in the shower.

"I have no other clothes here. Is your car here?" Victor still seems to be in a trance but he nods at me.

"Okay, mom will be home soon, so we can take your car to my apartment. I'll drive." No way I am going to let either of them drive as shaken up as they are. "It's 5 am so Jess should have already left to make it to the airport on time... So, we'll have an empty place all day to talk."

My brother just sits at the kitchen table and doesn't say a word while Clark is in the shower. He looks like he could start puking again at any time. I really feel bad for this and I don't even remember what happened. I do remember that the old vampire said there's only 10 spots for the school and I just hope they still have 3. I will let them enroll first. But. I guess it's just pointless to worry about any of this right now.

"Why were you guys here last night?" It's the only question I can think to ask.

Victor shakes his head.

Clark comes out from the bathroom, "Jess called us. She was worried about you. She said you were really confused after an animal attack and she didn't think you should be left alone. I packed a bag for the night and headed over." He looks at Victor apparently trying to get him to talk. But he still isn't saying anything. "He was here before I got here. I figure Jess called him as well. She was really worried."

All I can do is nod. I feel so terrible for this. They did nothing to deserve it. They were only trying to help me. "Let's head to my house before my mother gets home and wonders what the hell is going on."

I write a note to mom letting her know not to worry. We're all good and just going to my house this morning so we don't disturb her sleep today.

The car ride goes as expected. The both of them are very quiet and not saying a word. I drive.

We get to my place and go in, Jess and the kids are gone. They sit down in the living room while I go to take a quick shower and change clothes.

After my shower I join them.  I start off my telling them we are all vampires now. I tell them about what happened to me and the frenzy. How I woke up with a rabbit. How the old vampire explained so much to me. About the labor camp and the laws. Also about the school.

They take it a lot better than I did. But then again, they know me and I didn't stab either of them.

"So let me get this straight, we all have to go back to school? For how long? I thought I was done with that shit?" Victor only went to high school and barely made it through that. But he always did like the girls and parties.