12. 6 Years Later

"Man I can't believe that fucker cut off my arms for the regeneration test." Victor rubs his arms,  "That really hurt."

"Yea and if Mannerly tells me one more time to 'be one with the bat' I am going to break his nose." I start rubbing my temples.

Jenny laughs, "It was really cool seeing your arm turn into a human size bat wing though."

"Yea, the professor said he had never seen that before." Liam sits down his book, "At least you made some progress, I couldn't get anything to morph."

"Morphing is easy you just have to imagine yourself as the bat."

I launch my tracking book right at Clarks head.  

He speeds out of the way and laughs, "What do you guys want to study? Midterms are next week."

I sit back in my chair and groan, "No one say morphing."

"Or regeneration." Victor rubs his arms again.

"Well that really only leaves reproduction, explosives or tracking." Jenny glances over a paper.

Victor stands up, "Let's go blow something up."

Jenny gives him a dirty look.

I stand up, "Well lets go track something and then blow it up."

Sara comes running in, "I can't believe that asshole cut off my arm."

"He cut off both of mine." Victor yells.

"Yea but mine came back a different color." Sara holds out her arms, "Now how am going to tan only 1 arm?  I look like a freak!" 

Before anyone can even say anything.

-Chimes- "Please Note: All students have been invited to a ball in the kings castle.  Your invitations have been sent to your rooms.  The ball is to celebrate the kings 500th year of rein.  All students are required to attend. There will be a meeting about it tonight at 8PM in the auditorium. Tonight's movie start time will be pushed back to 10pm.  Please plan accordingly."

"OMG I can't go to a ball with different color arms!  I have to fix this now!" With that Sara runs out of the room and straight into the elevator.

I check the time, "It's only 4 we have plenty of time to go blow something up."

"Ok but I'm not missing dinner in the cafeteria, taco bar tonight." Victor sets the alarm on his watch.

Liam starts to laugh, "It is hilarious that her arms are different color though."

Victor agrees with him and we all start to laugh.

"Sorry but I think I'm going to take off for today. I really need a day off, I'll meet up with you guys at the auditorium tonight." Liam takes off for the elevator.

"Oh someone is hanging up a sign about the ball in the study room." Jenny points through the door, "Lets go read it."

"Ball for the kings 500th year... held at Odinenburg Castle in Febuary.... Thats still 6 weeks away" Clark says.

"Yea plenty of time to fix her arm" Victor laughs.

"Odd that they would put it at Odinenburg Castle.  That's in Romania I believe.  And King Fane hasn't even been there in 100's of years. But it does have the best ball room."  Jenny nods, "So I guess that does kinda make sense."

"Why doesn't he go to his own castle?" I ask.

"That's where he lived mainly with his parents and sister.  His dad ruled out of that castle for the for 1,000's of years, right up to his death."

The Lost Queen -Book 1- AldenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara