22. Family

We put Maggie in a room a couple doors down from the queen. After some tears of joy from her, I go back to the queens room.

"Good evening my princess. Feel like a movie tonight? I need to relax on that comfortable couch you have."

I grab a beer, stick on a Star Wars movie, throw on some pj pants, and lay back on the couch. "This is better." I take my tshirt off and throw it across the room. "I wonder if you'll like star wars. Well, you been gone for 500 years, the TV itself will probably blow your mind. Star Wars might be to much for starters." I laugh and crack open the beer.

Almost a whole movie and 6 beers later, I hear a weird noise in the hallway. Sounds like a door creaked.

I jump up and run into the hallway. 

Victor, Clark, and Jenny all open their doors and step out at the same time.

"You heard that too?" Victor is looking around with a beer in his hand.

Jenny is looking back and forth at the 3 of us. "What the hell. Did I get lost and end up on the stripper floor? We only wearing underwear today? And hot damn when did you all get so hot? How did you all get so many muscles? I'm going to bed. You guys deal with this. I can't deal with the stripper squad thing you all got going on. My dads still missing. Put some damn shirts on." She walks back in her room and slams the door.

"She just noticed I'm hot? It's been like 7 years." Victor takes a drink.

Clark laughs. "Are you guys watching Star Wars too?" 

I nod and laugh. "What was that sound?"

Clark starts to roam towards Maggie's room. "What is that smell?" He sniffs a couple times. "It's like rain and cookies but it's so faint."

"Dude that's weird... Guard, stand with the queen and be on high alert until we figure out what the noise was."

The guards go into the queens room. One of them turns around. "The noise came from near the servants room sir."

"Thank you."

The 3 of us go towards Maggie's room. We nearly get there when her door opens and she steps out falling to her knees sobbing.

"What's wrong?" I pull her up.

Victor asks, "What happened?" at the same time.

Clark is standing there sniffing. I look at him and he sniffs my shoulder. Then he starts going down the hall way smelling everything.

"MY MY MY..." She takes a deep breath. "My... Sister." Then she screams. "My sister. The Madame."

"The Madame is your sister?" Victor scratches his head trying to piece this together.

She shakes her head back and forth and keeps sobbing.

"Ok you need to calm down. We can't help you if we don't understand." I nudge Victor to look at Clark walking down the hall with his nose in the air.

"The Madame was here. She said she is going to have my sister raped to death because I am trying to seduce you all." She takes a deep breath. "I swear I'm not trying anything sir."

Victor looks away from Clark for a second. "Which one was your sister?"

"She wasn't there for dinner. A small group of 10 came late. They had to do something at the other castle first." She stands up. "I have to find my sister. She is here somewhere. She's in danger sir."

"No. Stay here. Go in with the queen. GUARD!" I yell down the hallway towards the queens room.

"Yes sir."