15. Stone

Emberlynna smiles at me, "One emergency done."

Aver runs in the room with Clark. He looks back and forth between Victor and the queen a few times. Then he nods at me "Oh... ok."

He starts rattling off orders, "Emberlynna get him started on"

She cuts him off, "Done."

"Guards go to the blood supply room and bring blood.  Lots of blood. Servant cut these rags off of her and get her in a gown. Clark go find Dr. Fomek. He's the doctor for the school. Just ask people until you find him. He's here somewhere. Servant, why are you not doing what I said?"

"I must not clean her with males present. Step outside, please. The women may stay."

I don't even know why, but I don't want to leave. "No."

"I have sworn my allegiance to the queen and the queen only. It is the way my position was set up. I only have to follow the queens orders. And I will not bathe her in your presence," she points at the door, "NOW OUTSIDE!"  

I have more to say but Jenny pushes me towards the door. "She'll be fine, I'll stay. Go get cleaned up."

"I'll stay too." Emberlynna looks at Victor. "For both of them." 

I nod because I have lost this argument and walk out the door with Mr. Aver.

4 more guards are standing outside the room.

"Fuck, are you guys everywhere?" I turn and punch the wall. I can actually hear the bones in my hand break.

Aver knocks on the wall, "Stone."

"I need to be in there."

"They will both be fine. Lets go in one of these other rooms and you can wash up."

One of the guards finally speak. "There is no plumbing or electric in the castle. The former king only added those things near the ballroom area."

We both stand there staring at him in stunned silence for a minute.

Aver finally breaks the silence, "Oh..."

Clark comes running down the hallway with someone.

Aver gestures at the man, "Hello Doctor, we are going to need your assistance. The queen has been found in a rather unfortunate state. I can only assume her insides are gone. She seems to be a skeleton rapped in leather skin.  Medical supplies here are minimal. What will you need?"

"To see my patient, blood, and many different sizes of tubes."

"We are currently on hold while she is bathed."

"Nonsense," He opens the door and yells in, "I am the doctor and I need to see my patient immediately."

I hear the servant yell, "Of course sir, please come in."

Dr. Fomek walks in and I yell at the door, "WHAT THE HELL? YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF WOMAN!"

Clark says, "Come on man, he's the doctor. He's got to get in."

Aver grabs my shoulders and starts leading me away. "You and Clark go get cleaned up. You both look like you've been blown up a couple times. I will get as many tubes as I can find and we will meet back here in 15 minutes. Then we will talk to the doctor and make a plan."

I start to argue but he cuts me off, "We can not get in there while the doctor does the assessment anyways.  And the guard will remain right outside her door."

Clark jumps in, "He's right, lets go. It's only 15 minutes and it's not like we're leaving the building."

2 of the guards are following us and I have no idea why but at this point I don't really care either.