30. The Werewolf, The Human and The Witch

We all stare at each other in stunned silence for a few seconds. No one seems to have any thoughts.

I nod at Maddie. "Show him up I guess."

Alkawn closes the bookshelf and sits down on a table. "Well, this is going to be interesting. Wonder what he wants."

"Uh hem." Jenny clears her throat.

Sam jumps in from the door and starts firing nerf balls at everyone. "Ha ha ha I win again." Then he runs off down the hallway.

"This is a bit odd." The werewolf speaks. "I just entered the vampire kings office with a witch and a human. Is this some kind of joke?"

"Afraid not. What's up? I'm Alden." I get up to shake his hand.

"I am Borus, King of the Werewolves. I came to seek an audience with you and your counsel." He bows low and tilts his head so I can see the side of his throat.

Alkawn sits back down. "What can we do for you sir?"

The Werewolf King stands back up and takes a deep breath. "I know this is a long shot, but it's the only shot I have left. Fane and his group of followers and are near my village. He has given us 48 hours to leave our homes. We have nowhere else to go. He going to kill us all. My advisors heard that you have overthrown him and you are the new king." He looks at me. "Please help us. His police have damn near wiped us out. We will die without help."

"Do you know exactly where they are located?" Victor is doing something on his phone.

Sam pokes his head in the door. "He's going to do it again?"

Victor pulls up a map on his phone. "Show me where your village is and where you believe Fane is."

"My village is here. We believe Fane has set up a temporary camp here. The guards we have lost have all been from this side of our land."

Victor clicks some buttons. "13 hours by car. How many guards have you lost so far?"

"50 with these attacks." He sighs and looks at the ground. "I know it doesn't sound like much but we are down to our last 250 guards. As I said before, Fane's police nearly wiped us out before this. They would hunt us constantly. We ran and we hid. We thought we would be safe in this location. But they found us."

"Are there other werewolves that can help you?" Clark crosses his arms.

"No sir. We are the last village. There are 600 of us there. Half are women and pups." He looks around the room at all of us. "I tried the high court of witches before this. They said he is hunting them as well and they have to protect themselves first." He looks at the ground with tears in his eyes and shakes his head. "They are going to wipe us out if I fail."

I sit back down on my desk. "Sam will you show the werewolf king to the ballroom." I look at him. "We're going to talk and we will be down in a few minutes." I check the time. "There should be some lunch served in there if your hungry."

"Yes sir. I will wait there. Thank you."

I hear them leave and turn to Alkawn. "Why did he bow like that?"

"Showing submission."

"Oh."

Victor puts his phone down. "When we leaving? And did you ever buy that plane?"

"Well he said they have 48 hours." Clark looks around. "How's tomorrow?"

I nod. "Morning sounds good. Bryan, buy a plane or tickets or something please. Maybe we can get the area of where Fane is now and attack him first."