11. Midterms

"Man I can't believe the year is almost half over already." Liam checks the calendar on his phone.

"I know right... this is our last study group before the midterms. At least we get a couple weeks off. What's everyone doing for break?" Clark asks.

"I'm meeting my parents in Puerto Rico.  Like it'll be such a nice break from all this snow.  I plan on getting the best tan ever, with no tan lines." Sara says smiling. "I need a manicure before I go though, my nails are totally disgusting."

"I'm going home and hanging with my family." Jenny smiles, "I really do miss them."

"Yea we're going home too. But I think my mother would kick both me and his ass," Victor gestures at me, "if we didn't come home for the holidays." 

"Either of you doing anything fun?" I ask Liam and and Clark.

"I'll visit family and then be with you 2 the rest of the time." Clark laughs.

"I'm planning a 10 day trip to Egypt.  I've always wanted to see the pyramids, seems like a good time." Liam sits up, "But what do you all want to study?"

"Forget that, I want to go to to Egypt." Clark pouts.

"You're welcome to join me. My family is all gone. I travel on my own for now."

"For real? Email me the details please. I'll try to work it out, but I do have to go home and at least see my parents for a bit." 

"Ok guys that sounds fun but I need help with biology, that class is seriously hard." Jenny starts flipping through all her notes. "There are so many different types of blood and ... and all the different things they can do for us is impossible to remember. I'm never going to pass this."

"You'll do fine" I nod. "We all we will."

"Ok so with raccoon blood, we become insanely good at solving puzzles. Dog blood we can tell when people are lying. I think we need some flash cards again." Clark rubs his eyes.

"I seen somewhere a certain animal can change our hair color, but I forgot which one it was.  They weren't very cool colors anyways." Sara picks up some of her hair and looks at it.

"I'll run down to the book store quick, maybe we will get lucky and they have flashcards or any kind of study guide to help us." Jenny stands up and runs out quick.

Victor looks out the door window, "Hey isn't that Matt? The one who got hit by the guard last quarter?"

"Yea it is. I'll text Aver. I haven't seen Matt at all since that day, that's kind of weird." I get out my phone send a quick text.

 Aver shows up about 1 second later with 3 other professors, they walk right up to him. We can't tell what's being said, but it doesn't appear friendly, they look like they're yelling.

"Someone prop open the door." Victor says and Liam opens it slowly and props a book in it.

But it was to late to hear anything. Matt pushes one of the professors into another one and speeds into the elevator. Mr. Aver right behind him. 2 of the professors still in the room are hitting the elevator button trying to get the other elevator to show up. The last one jumps out of a window.

"Well that was weird."  Victor stares out the conference room door.

"Yea and a really interesting way to get to the ground floor." Liam motions to the broken window.

"Yea, I wonder what's going on." I say.

Jenny comes running in a few minutes later. "OMG what is going on?  The entire school is on lock down and I could hear yelling and it sounded like a wizard was doing curses!"