17. The Vampire King

After what seems like a 10 minute piss I glance around at the 4 guards with me, "You guys could have waited outside the bathroom.

"That is not necessary sir."

"Of course it's not."

I walk back up to the queens room, feeling quite a bit lighter. Clark, Jenny and Victor are all standing in the hallway with pizza, soda, plates and cups. One of the guards has a big round folding table from the ball room and another one has a bunch of chairs, "Hey you all finally made it back! I thought maybe you got lost and why the hell did you get 6 large pizza's for 5 people?"

"There's only 4 of us and I'm hungry bro." Victor rubs his stomach.

"Even you can't eat 2 whole pizzas and there's 5 now. The servant is going to join us."

Clark gives me a funny look "Ok. OH and it took us forever because we had a meeting with Emberlynna and Mr Aver about going to school. And well, I may have fallen asleep half way through their meeting, so I don't know if it was about anything else."

The door opens, "I am done with my duties sir." 

"Ok perfect timing. Let's eat."

The servant tries to sneak off unnoticed.

"No, come on. You need to eat too."

"I follow no ones orde"

"I know. It's not an order. It's a request. I told you, we're all family now."

"Well that's a big change from 'YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF WOMAN' but yea, join us. Plus it'll be awesome if Alden starts screaming at a door again." Clark laughs while he helps the guard put up the table.

"Yea you can definitely be in the family if you can make him yell at doors. I'm just sad I missed it." Victor puts the chairs out, "Stupid poison."

"Oh speaking of poison, the servant found something interesting with the queen and called for the doctor. He's running some tests, she may have also been poisoned with the same stuff you were Victor."

Jenny passes out the plates and cups, "Oh that is interesting, and it would make sense. I believe they have used that poison for a long time." She looks at the servant, "What made you think it may have been used on the queen?"

"Her skin wounds seemed to be sticky when I was washing her up. Like they are trying to heal, but also tearing at the same time Ma'am."

"That is odd. When will the tests be done? And you don't have to call me ma'am. I'm a normal person."

The servant looks up at me surprised, "Is it ok?"

"Yea that's fine."

She takes a deep breath, "The doctor will be back this afternoon with the results..." She pauses and stares at her plate.

"That's great news. She's making progress!" Jenny smiles pouring everyone some soda.

"Yes" I agree, "Any progress is good progress."

"Ok what kind of pizza does everyone want? I got vegetable, meat lovers, pepperoni, cheese, taco, and barbeque chicken. I'll put them all in the middle." Victor sits them down, "Dig in!"

Everyone grabs some except the servant.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I've never seen this before. What is it sir?"

Victor jumps up, "I got this, food is my superpower. Pizza is an amazing creation. It is a bread based dough topped with a tomato sauce then covered with cheese. And they can be topped with a wide variety of toppings. Do you like vegetables miss?"