9. Tour

Mr. Aver is sitting in the conference room when we get back handing out schedules as people walk in.

"Alden, with your skills and work history, the IT department would like you to volunteer with them for 10 hours a week. Is that ok with you?"

"Yes, that's fine." I didn't even think about that before.

"I figured that's what you would say so I already set your schedule up like that. You will be with the IT department for 10 hours a week and the culinary department for 5 hours per week. Here is a copy of your full quarter schedule." He hands me a paper.

VAMP 101 Mon & Wednesday 10-11AM  Room M405

Law 101 Tue 10-11:30  Room M210

BIO 101-Body Mon & Thurs 2-4PM  Room M411

Nutrition 101 Plants Fri 11-12PM  M509

Nutrition 101 LAB  Fri 2-4PM  M511

Fencing   Wednesday 6-7:30PM Room M104

WORK IT Tues 1-5PM  Wednesday 2-4PM Friday 5-8PM Room M110

WORK Culinary Mon 5-8PM  Thursday 9-11AM Room Green

Study Group Saturday 1-5PM

"Now that everyone has a copy of there schedules, are there any questions? Also your powers classes will not begin until the last quarter of this year, so they are not on this schedule. And all future schedules will be passed on through the website."

"What is room Green?" I scratch my head and stare at it.

"Green house. You will see them on your tour. I guess they couldn't be bothered to give them an actual room number."

"What is room A?" Joe asks.

"Archery, it really moves around depending on what you are studying that week. Sometimes it's by targets in an open area, other times it's in a tree line. The instructor will contact you prior to the first meeting and let you all know where to meet at."

"What happens if we need to miss a day?" Jenny asks.

"We understand stuff happens, you will need to make up any missed school work as well as any missed hours from work. In order to get your $350 credits per month, you need to volunteer 60 hours of time. Also if you are going to miss work, please let the head of the department know as soon as possible. It won't make much of a difference in the green houses and you can pretty much make the time up whenever you want. But other jobs like cook or grocery store clerk can cause huge problems if someone doesn't show up. So please let your department know."

Emberlynna walks in, "Are we all ready for the tour?"

"Yes, they all have there schedules and they are ready to go for Monday. And the IT department got the locks reprogrammed so the new keys will work on them now." 

"Oh good. I was wondering about that, someone said they couldn't get into the pool this morning. Glad it's all fixed."

"We couldn't get into the gym this morning, we thought it was closed. So, we went for a run instead. It'll be nice to be able to use that from now on." I say.

"Yea, ran right into some of the kings police." Jenny gasps and Clark has everyone's attention. "Seen some other student get hit with one of their batons too."

"Who?" Emberlynna asks.

Clark looks at me for help, "Matt is his name. But we don't know anything else about him."

"I'll deal with it." Mr. Aver says as he's leaving the room.

"Thank you for letting us know. We are going to start the tour now. The first floor consists of offices, conference rooms, and the IT department. The defense classrooms are also on this floor, but they are only used in the evenings. The gym and the pool are both on this floor. The gym is at one end of the hall and the pool is at the other. The only food on this floor is the dining room. If you would please follow me. You can leave your folders here, we will come back for them."