Heavy Clone Armor

The 501st was the first to get to try out the newly created "Power Clone Armor", which was much like the T-51b. A special unit was made, first to test out the "movement" and the some tests.

Anakin, Ahsoka and Rex were watching.

"How's it feel Bitter?" Rex asked.

"Well, besides the awkward neck piece, More padding on the chest would be good, I think it is comfortable enough just standing." the clone said.

"How much can you move?" Ahsoka asked.

The clone raised an arm to the side, before moving it forward and back. He got bent his arm, getting about a 60 degree angle before the armor was touching, restricting movement. He turned to one side, getting about 20 degrees to both sides before he couldn't turn more. The clone began to walk, his steps were kind of heavy, as he struggled to move.

"Seems like movement is a bit stiff. I don't think running is in the near future here." Bitter said.

"Ok, let's see what you can do in terms of lifting." Anakin said.

Bitter moved to a set of boxes, grabbing one and lifting it up with one arm.

"Yeah, these are pretty good, I think the shells for artillery would be a one man job with these." Bitter said.

"Maybe, the frames could be used by repair crews to carry heavy gear, and then use it to hold heavy parts for repairs." Ahsoka said.

"Good idea, Rex, put that down for possible uses." Anakin said.

Rex marked it down on a data pad.

"Now, lets see how damage resistance goes." Rex said, drawing one of his blasters.

Bitter was hesitant.

"I'm ready, come on." He said, making a fist.

Rex fired a shot, and the shot was absorbed, leaving a small blast mark on the armor. A second shot was fired, and a third, fourth, fifth.

"Display reads that armor is still good. Ok, yeah, only minor damage." Bitter said.

"Hey, Fives, Echo, come over here." Rex ordered.

Echo, armed with a DC-15 Blaster Rifle and Fives, with a DC-15 blaster Carbine, walked up. They both gave a salute to their commanders.

"Give Bitter here a shot to the chest, we need to see how more powerful shots hold up." Rex said.

"You sure this is safe?" Echo asked.

"Stats say they are pretty strong, considering they have blast-steel armor, I'd say that he'll be safe." Rex said.

Echo took a few steps back, taking aim, aiming at the chest, and fired. The mark left was larger.

"You good Bitter?" Echo asked.

"Yeah, Display shows about a 5% drop in armor strength though." Bitter reported.

"Ok, Fives, Carbine, burst fire." Rex said.

"Yes sir." Fives said, turning on the burst fire and walking a few steps away.

Fives fired 3 bursts, hitting the chest plate with each short burst.

"I'm good, armor holding, yeah, can I get out now? I'm getting pinched in uncomfortable places." Bitter said.

"Yeah, we can get you out." Anakin said.

Rex got behind the clone and clicked the panel, before sliding a small lock, which needed a special tool to unlock from it's position, and then sliding it to the release function. The Back hissed as the back section, unlocked.