24. #reverseharem (I wish)

Start from the beginning

"Let's go into the other room."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." She replied with a disgusted expression.

If she was going to be a bitch, then so was I. I walked out of the office and began to close the doors. Before she could realise and stop me, I had latched it shut. She knocked on it loudly but I ignored it.

Pratyush had started to speak again. "Her parents begged me to save her. I tried. God, I tried. I tried very hard but couldn't save her. I couldn't save her." He was barely holding himself together.

I wanted to leave. I really did. But I wasn't sure that going near them would be a good idea in the moment. I couldn't even hide in my office as I wanted them to have the option to go in there for privacy.

I should have just locked myself in there with Mrs. Interruption.

"Hey, let's go inside. We'll talk there." Ritwik spoke softly.

"Okay."

They pulled away and their eyes landed on me. I pushed the door to my office open and gestured with my head. They ignored Mrs. Screamy in the background and entered the office, locking the door behind them. Once I was sure that she wouldn't be able to cause much issues, I let her out of Ritwik's office.

"What is your problem?!"

I stared at her blankly.

"Where's he?"

"He's unavailable right now."

"What? Where is he?"

"Mr. Sinha is unavailable right now."

Her jaw ticked and nostrils flared. I stared at her blankly.

"What the hell's going on?"

We both turned to look at Surya staring at us with concern.

"I heard screaming from my office." He looked at Mishti with an annoyed expression. "What are you doing here?"

She held up the tiffin carrier. "I brought food for you and Babu."

"Why? Meenu packed our lunches."

"Maybe yours but Babu didn't bring anything. So, I brought his lunch and also for you."

"Dyuti already bought him lunch."

"He doesn't like restaurant food. She'd know it if-"

"She literally woke up early and made breakfast for everyone. Back off with your unnecessary insults."

"Yeah, I'm not doing that everyday."

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "You did it today."

"Yeah, bu-"

"We are talking about today only." He turned back to Mishti who was livid."I don't understand why you felt the need to come here yourself and cause a scene."

"I'm causing a scene? I am?" I could almost see the cartoon smoke coming out of her ears and nose. "You don't even know what happened. She locked me inside Babu's office!"

"Why are you mad, wasn't that your fantasy?" Surya taunted her.

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop from giggling. She looked so pissed off and for what?

"Joy! How are you talking to me?!" She gestured at me with her eyes.

"Oh, please. She would find out anyway. That is if she doesn't know already. She knows if Babu Da even shits weird one day."