[23]

a/n : unedited so might have some errors here and there. Just bare with me.

As promised, Chaeyoung brought her little family out for ice-cream. Dongjun was so excited for their little date that he couldn't stop talking. Chaeyoung found it cute and listened to every words that coming out from the little boy's lips.

After the ice-cream date, Chaeyoung brought Rosie and Dongjun to the park. She was sitting there looking at where her wife and her son were playing. Her heart was content to the point people might think she is crazy as she was smiling like a fool.

I do miss alot with them. I'm such a dumbass who keep running to the past that I forgot what is infront of me. If only I was that stupid. Chaeyoung sighed.

The day is almost over and tonight she is about to tell something that she had been keeping it for so long. She wants Rosie to be the first person after Minjun to know about it.

Chaeyoung is worried how her wife might take the news. She worried that Rosie will change her thought and decided to take care of her.

Rosie look at Chaeyoung's direction just to find out that the latter was frowning. She thought the latter might have some problems and decided to ask her once they get home.

Rosie just tuck Dongjun in his bed after the little boy asked her to sing a lullaby. She carefully close the door and went back to her shared room with her wife, ready to end the day.

She came into the room only to be greet by Chaeyoung who was scrolling through her phone, probably checking some emails before going to bed.

Rosie tuck herself into the duvet, facing her body to the latter. Chaeyoung stop her movement and lean down, kissing her wife's temple before wish a good night.

She smile but keep on staring  Chaeyoung. The other girl notice it and put down her phone on the nightstand.

"Do you have something to tell me?" she asked. Rosie just shook her head and shoot her the same question. "Do you?"

Chaeyoung close her eyes. Nervous was filling in her systems. She take a deep breath and let it out.

"Please don't ever freak out of what I'm about to tell you okay?" Somehow Rosie was nervous. She hope that it's not a bad news.

"I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and multiple sclerosis,"

Rosie tilts her head, couldn't quite catch of it. She sit up, expecting another explanation.

"It means both diseases causing my hand and arm to go numb. Sometimes when my hand goes numb, I can barely even hold a pen. I need to get the surgery done as soon as possible,"

Rosie intertwine their hands, "Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because I want you to recover first before me," She kissed their intertwine hands.

"Since you agree to proceed the treatment, I decided to get my surgery too," Chaeyoung grins.

Rosie put her head on the latter's shoulder. "Can I be your personal nurse?"

Chaeyoung thought it was a cute wish and nodded to it. Rosie grins and kiss her cheek.

"But you still need to go for your appointment," Chaeyoung bopped her nose. Her wife nods as long as she gets to take care of Chaeyoung then it's fine by her.

"Did your family know about this?"

She shook her head, "Minjun and Joohyun are the only people who know it aside from you. He notice my symptoms first so currently he is my doctor. As for Joohyun, I told her when she found me passed out for the first time," Rosie nods.

"I wanted you to be the first person to know about it but the situation doesn't allow me to," She smile and sigh contently at the reply.

She was happy that her wife talked to her about her condition. Chaeyoung is starting to let go of her past and it made her glad with the process.

"I'm thinking of telling the rest tomorrow. I already talk about this with Minjun. I do feel guilty for hiding this in the first place,"

Rosie lightly rub her hand with her thumb, "I'm sure they will understand you. I know you just don't want us to worried about you,"

Chaeyoung smile and kiss her lips softly, "Glad that you understand me,"

_

Chaeyoung told her parents the next day. Sure they were surprised at first as she has been hiding it for so long.

To say she felt guilty is understandable. As for the little boy, what he knows is his mom is sick and need to go to the hospital as soon as possible.

Chaeyoung had asked her family to take care of Rosie and Dongjun while she's away. They promised her to always visit her everyday until she fully recover.

Three days later, Chaeyoung finally getting that surgery. The Sons family was there until the surgery is over. Worried, nervous, scared are written all over their face.

But knowing Minjun is her doctor who will lead the surgery, they were slightly glad. He is one of the best Orthopedic surgeon in their hospital. They trust his capabilities.

It takes few hours for the surgery to be done. It was a relief that the surgery was a success. Their tense muscles began to relax as they heard Chaeyoung was fine.

Unbeknownst to them, Minjun did told Jihyo about Chaeyoung's conditions. It was a shocking news to her. Chaeyoung was planning to tell her after she is fully recover but Minjun beat her to it.

Minjun had asked Jihyo not to spread it to her other friends. He only told her because she is one of the close friends to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung slowly open her eyes and were greeted by the white ceiling of the hospital. She is still dizzy from the anesthesia.

The groan had made Rosie who was sleeping aware that Chaeyoung has awake. She reaches the latter's cold cheek, caress it gently.

She gives her a big smile as soon as she notice Rosie is there, accompanied her.

"Hi," Chaeyoung couldn't hide her smile seeing Rosie by her side.

"Hi too," Rosie giggles. "How are you feeling?"

"Dizzy but fine,"

"I'm glad that you're the first person I saw as soon as I'm awake," She sighs contently.

"And I'm glad to hear that too," Rosie smile and peck her cold cheek. "Hold on, I'll get you some water. You're throat must be sore right now,"

Later that moment, Rosie had called Minjun to tell him that Chaeyoung has woke up. She also had called their family and right now, they were all rushing to the hospital. Dongjun on the other hand, was so excited to meet her mom again.

He has been asking when his mom could come back home again. He wanted to show his drawing that he drew to Chaeyoung. He wanted to eat ice-cream again with his mom.

Once they arrived, Dongjun launched himself on Chaeyoung, hugging her tightly, afraid that she might run away.

The vip ward were filled with laughters. Chaeyoung couldn't ask more than this. It is enough for her. She was too blind to notice this happiness was just right infront of her.

She couldn't change her past but she certainly glad that it wasn't too late to protect her little family. She made a promise for herself that from today onwards, her main focus is on Rosie and Dongjun.

She wants to be the first person that Rosie sees when she wake up. There's a chance that her wife might have a temporary amnesia once she get the treatment done but she will never give up on her.

She will do anything in her power to make sure both her loves one safe and sound. Even if Rosie might push her, she will pull her back.

She doesn't want the same thing happen ever again. The happiness that she had today is a bless and she will hold onto it till the day she dies.