[20]

The same day as the sons family gathered, Mina decided to went for a healing time after days of a certain girl keep running through her mind.

She went to a coffee shop that she regularly go, ordered her usual and sat at her favourite spot, beside the window that were a little hidden from everyone else.

She prefer this way, far from other customers. It's her lucky day since there weren't many people in the coffee shop. It allows her to relax without voice buzzing through her ears.

She sighs and lean her back to the chair. This is what I need. I need to get her off my thought and move on.

Sipping on her drink, she heard the bell ring indicating there are new customers coming in. So she doesn't even bother to look, not until a familiar voice greet her ears.

"What do you guys want?" putting down her drink, Mina was greeted by her two bestfriends.

"Never thought we would meet you here," Sana nervously chuckled. Nayeon was looking at Mina with an unreadable gaze.

"Can we take a seat?" Mina blankly gaze at them before nodding.

"You haven't answer my question yet," Mina softly said. Although she knows that her friends probably want to talk about her.

"We just happen to came across you. It's just a pure coincidence," The latter shrugged. Nayeon is still the same, quietly observing her with her unreadable gaze.

"We met unexpectedly and decided to have coffee together," It's true. Sana was just done with her manicure appointment when she bumped into Nayeon who was walking along the street.

Mina lightly nodding and proceed to take a sip of her drink again. Unexpectedly, a shocking question came out of nowhere from Nayeon's lips.

"When are you going to make a move?" Mina frozed upon the question.

"Nayeon! What the hell?!" Sana's eyes went wide. She couldn't believe Nayeon would asked something like that.

Mina put down the drink and heavily let out a sigh. Never in her wildest dream, Nayeon, her own bestfriend would ask such a fatal question.

Usually they would ask her if she's okay or how is she doing but this really hit the spot.

"Chaeyoung is married, Nayeon! Is Mina suppose to wreck their marriage?!" Sana's voice was loud enough for the three of them to hear.

"That's not what I meant. That Rosé girl has cancer right?"

"So you're waiting for her to die?! Are you going to go that low?!" Sana started to feeling frustrated.

"No Sana. That's not it," The girl said firmly.

"What I meant is, slowly get closer to her again. Starts with her son first," She suggested.

"No," Both of them snapped their head towards the voice.

"What do you mean no?" Nayeon puzzled. "This is the only chance you got to make things right,"

"You might be right but this is not how I want," Mina said firmly.

"Using someone's sickness really disgust me. I may have done bad things before but I'm not gonna go that low. If we are going to cross the path again then the time will come. Right now, you are playing with death. Shame on you, Im Nayeon," with that Mina took her belonging and walked out from the shop.

Sana was proud with Mina spit those word to Nayeon.

"Put that in your thick skull. I know you just want to help her but this is not it," She patted the girl's shoulder.

"Mina was right. Who knows what will happen next. Lets just go with the flow," Nayeon sighed and nodded.

Thinking to herself, why on earth was she doing. Never in her right mind she would say something like that. She loves her friends so much and probably was too frustrated with the current situation.

Way to go Im Nayeon. You are such an idiot.

-

Mina was sitting at her house balcony. Nayeon's words really angers her.

She doesn't want to be that person who wish for someone's death. She admits that she is not a good person but she also didn't want to be the worst person either.

Looking up to the moon, shine brightly upon the dark night. Currently, it's around 2 in the morning and she couldn't sleep.

Usually whenever she can't sleep Chaeyoung will always pull her to the balcony and sit there, admiring the night sky until she fall asleep in her embrace.

It's becoming a habit now. If only she could turn back time, she would never done any of those things. At the end, it was her fault. If only things were different back then, none of this would happen.

Every night whenever she goes to sleep, she will always hope that all of these are merely a nightmare. She always hope that Chaeyoung will be beside her, holding her tightly as the nightmare gone.

Mina sighs. Things always happen for a reason and this is also a lesson for me.

Her heart still longing for the girl but there's nothing she can do at this moment. Let the time decides everything.

She close her eyes and began to reminiscing her memories with Chaeyoung.

The kitchen tools were everywhere. The ingredients for pastry were on the kitchen counter.

Mina was busy making a strawberry shortcake for a certain strawberry lover when she felt a strong arms wrapped around her slim waist.

"Son Chaeyoung, I told you not to come in the kitchen," She lightly hit the latter. Chaeyoung giggled.

"Sorry but I was bored so I figured that I should've at least help you," She grinned playfully.

"I appreciate your intention but I'm fine working alone. If you're helping me, this cake won't be done by today," Mina patted her wife's head.

Chaeyoung pouted. "Aww c'mon! Let me help you please," Hoping her wife would agree.

"Nice try, honey but you're just gonna mess up the whole kitchen again," Mina chuckled at the memory when Chaeyoung tried to make them dinner but ended up burning the whole thing. At the end, they decided to order a take out food.

"I promise I won't. Just give me simple things to do and I'll be fine," Chaeyoung hasn't gave up yet.

"Okay fine. Help me beat these eggs first then put the flour afterward," Chaeyoung's eyes light up at Mina's instructions.

"Yes ma'am!" Mina laughed at her wife's antics.

After a while, Mina was amused at how focus Chaeyoung was. She burst into laughter when she saw the girl's face were covered with flour.

"Why are you laughing? Am I doing something funny?" Chaeyoung tilted her head, confuse at her wife's sudden laughter.

"You should look at your face, Chaeng," Mina said, still laughing.

She took her phone that was on the dinning table and puzzled as her face were all covered in flour.

"Stop laughing! It's not funny!" Chaeyoung pouted.

"I'm sorry but you were too focus on the eggs with flour all over your face," Chaeyoung then have this genius idea of hers.

She took a handful of flour and threw it at Mina.

"Son Chaeyoung!" She grinned playfully.

"Oh did the flour hits you?" She pretended to be innocent.

Mina was amused at her wife's sudden act.

"Two can play at that game," with that, the kitchen suddenly turned into a Christmas eve.