Twenty One - Good Talks and Goodnights

~ Kellins POV ~

While I was packing my things so we could leave tomorrow, there was a light knock on the door.
"Come in!" I called loudly, not wanting to leave my suitcases as I was organising my clothes for once and was very proud of myself.
My door clicks open and small footsteps come inside, I turn around and see Monica sitting on my bed. She smiles sweetly at me "Hi Kellin!"
I smile back at her "Hey Monica, did DeeDee tell you the news?"
Monica nods sadly "Yeah, that's why I've come to talk to you. I'm not going to try and stop you leaving, don't worry. I just needed to talk to you privately before you left."
I nod and turn around properly to face her, sitting down on my suitcase. "What did you wanna talk about?"
She smiles slightly "Well I wanted to make sure you treat my sister right while she's with you. I've never seen her act this way around a boy and I don't want her to get hurt. Im pretty sure you won't hurt her, I just wanted to make sure. She's never been away from me for more than a day since I arrived on her doorstep and now she's leaving. I know she's going to miss me, I'm going to miss her too. You have to be extra nice to her and comfort her because otherwise she might get depressed and-" she doesn't finish her sentence, she starts crying.
I run over to the little girl and wrap an arm around her "Shhh Monica, its alright. What might she do?"
She sniffles "A-A few years ago I heard her c-crying in the bathroom, I went to ch-check she was OK. When I opened the door sh-she was standing over the sink and her arms were d-dripping with b-blood. I cried a lot and she p-promised she would never d-do it again but I'm scared that if she f-feels alone and depressed and I'm not there she m-might do it again."
My arm tightens around her "Don't worry Monica, I'll be the best boyfriend I can possibly be. I'll comfort her all the time and never make her sad. She won't hurt herself again, I can promise you that. Don't worry little Monica, everything is going to be OK, I promise."
She snuggles into my shirt "Thank you Kellin. I'm glad she has you. You're a good guy and I think you're good for her. You're the best big brother ever."
I smile "Thanks Monica, that means a lot coming from you. I've gotta finish packing now, why don't you go and see DeeDee? I'll bet she wants to spend as much time with you as possible before she leaves tomorrow."
Monica smiles and hops off the bed "Yeah, OK. Thanks for talking with me Kellin, this was a good talk."
I laugh and nod in agreement "Good talk, good talk."
She giggles quietly before running out of the room. I'm so glad she approves of me dating her sister. I'm going to be the best boyfriend I possibly can for Dee. I know she's going to struggle without Monica and I'm going to be there for her all the time.

~ DeeDee's POV ~

Me and Harper talk for about 10 minutes before Monica comes back. She looks like she's been crying. I pull her onto my lap "Did you talk to Kellin then?"
She giggles and nods "Yeah, I'm not gonna be as worried about you while you're gone now."
I raise an eyebrow "You shouldn't worry about me anyway Monnie."
She shrugs "You're my sister, how can I not worry about you?"
I roll my eyes "Well girls it's getting late and you both look tired, sleep time me thinks!" The girls giggle before hopping into their beds. I give Harper a kiss on the forehead "Goodnight princess Harper!" Then I give Monica a kiss on the forehead "Goodnight princess Monica!" And just as Im walking away Monica grabs my hand, I turn around "What is it Monnie?"
She sniffles "Can you stay here tonight? We haven't slept in the same bed since we left hell and I miss you, I've been having nightmares DeeDee!"
I smile sweetly at her "Sure Monnie, I'd love to. Scoot over then!"
She giggles and slides to the other side of the bed, lifting the covers up for me. I slip in beside her and she cuddles into me.
"Goodnight DeeDee, I love you." She whispers sweetly.
I smile in the dark "Goodnight Monnie, I love you too."