Sixteen - Heartbreak Hurts

I've been living with Kellin for about a week now and things have been amazing. Me and Kellin are still just friends but Im sure Monica and Harper are planning something to change that. This morning a box arrived and Harper and Monica carried it back to Harpers room and didnt let anybody see what it was, which was weird. Today me and Kellin have been playing video games none stop. He's been teaching me how to play different games and he insists Im already better than him, I highly doubt that. Right now we're playing Left 4 Dead 2, one of my favorite games so far, and we literally walk around various places killing anything that moves. Its a zombie game and its fricken awesome.
"Hey Kels, Imma check this room here. You got my back?" I ask, not looking away from the screen.
"Yeah, Im right behind you." He says as he moves his character into the doorway.
I make my way into the room and notice a witch crying beside the doorway, mere inches away from Kellin. If he shoots or makes the slightest movement, she'll have him. "Kellin. Dont come in this room. Move out into the corridor now. This room is not safe." I say sternly.
"What!?! Why!?! Are you safe!?!" His character suddenly enters the room, the witch screams and wraps herself around his head, causing his lives to decrease.
"Goddammit Kellin I told you not to come in here!" I shout.
Kellin starts panicking and pushing buttons "LITTLE HELP!?!?!"
I laugh and shoot the witch when she turns to face me, straight in the head killing her instantly. I punch the air "HEADSHOT!!!"
Kellin claps "Great job! Thanks for saving me! Now, lets move on and find some more ammo!"
I shake my head and walk my character towards him before injecting him with the healing serum "Just...hold still!"
"What are you doing!?! You're gonna need that!?!" Kellin exclaims.
I shake my head again "You need it more than I do. Besides, I've got such excellent shooting skills I shouldnt need one for a while!"
His characters lives increase to the maximum "Thanks doll! Now, where to next?"
Im thoughtful for a moment as I look breifly over the map "Out of this building, through the carpark, at the other end we'll find a safehouse."
Kellin nods "Ok, lets move out!"
We march our characters out of the building, strangely not bumping into any zombies. We reach the carpark to see its completely empty. I jump onto a car and stay there. "Kellin...do you get the feeling that its a little TOO quiet?"
He nods "I know exactly what you mean."
"Stand on this car with me, if anything happens we'll be better as a team." I explain.
Kellin nods and his character lands on the car beside me. Suddenly a very loud noise sounds. Our characters look frantically around the carpark to locate the source of the sound to see its a car alarm. "Oh...shit..." I whisper.
Kellin nods "My thoughts exactly."
Both of our characters turn to face the large wall surrounding the carpark. Zombies begin crawling over the walls frantically, attracted by the sound. When they notice us they surround us and we start shooting them all. Kellins character gets pulled down on the floor by a zombie and I quickly shoot all the zombies surrounding him before helping him back up. Kellin carries on shooting. A zombie gets on the car and stands behind Kellin, but Kellin hasnt noticed.
"Kellin LOOK OUT!!!" I shriek. Kellins character turns just as I shoot the daring zombie in the head. I sigh "Thats all of them. Safe house?"
Kellin nods frantically and jumps off the car "To the safe house!" I laugh and jump off the car, running with him towards the safe house. "Themepark level next?"
I nod frantically "HELL YEAH!!!" Kellin laughs and selects the themepark level, sending us both back into the game. "So Imma grab the machine gun and a baseball bat, what are you gonna get?" I ask, turning to face him.
Kellin looks back at me and smiles devilishly "The chainsaw."
I gasp "The chainsaw is available on this level!?!"
Kellin nods excitedly "Yeah!"
I start squealing excitedly at the whole chainsaw thing, its like the most awesome and gruesome weapon in this game. Once we're about half way through the level, Kellin randomly says "So...I wanted to talk to you about something..."
I continue shooting zombies in the head as they chase me "Is this really a good time Kellin!?! We're in a zombie apocalypse goddammit!"
Kellin laughs "I only just remembered that I wanted to talk to you about it!"
I roll my eyes "Fine, what is it!?!" I shoot 3 zombies in the head with one bullet.
"Good shot! Anyway, I was saying-OH HELL NO DONT TOUCH HER-that I really like this girl-HYYYYAAAH-and I didnt know how to tell her-HEADSHOT-how I feel, do you think I should tell her?" He says, randomly commenting on the game at some moments.
My heart sinks. He likes someone else. I knew it. He doesnt really love me. I hold back tears "Well I guess if you really like her, you should just tell her straight up and be completely honest with her."
Kellin nods "Thanks, Im glad I could get your advise on the matter." He likes someone else. The one time I thought I was good enough. I drop out of the game. "Whats wrong? Why'd you drop out?" Kellin asks curiously.
I stand up and begin walking out of the room "I just gotta go, I need some air, I'll make sure there's no actual zombies outside."
Kellin laughs and turns back to the game "Ok, hurry back!" Like he actually cares, he likes someone else.

I've been living here about a week, I know the layout of the house by now. Which means that when I run up to the attic and climb onto the roof, I know which parts are safe and which parts arent. I curl up into a ball and cry. At least up here nobody can hear me. I thought for once somebody actually cared. Of course he didnt. Who would care about me? Im ugly and worthless. A man of his standards should never and could never love or care about me, I knew that when we first met. Im so stupid.